Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi From Me

Mel and Claire

Just a quick hullo from me....

Just bought a new Yaris Hybrid T-Spirit with a few extras (scuff plates, pearlescent paint and the whole Touch & Go thing with Sat Nav etc).

Its a lovely car and really enjoying driving it - love the quietness.

Used to have an Aygo - nice and nippy but in the end it just proved too small for someone who needs their car to be a taxi for two teenage boys, an ambulance for an elderly relative, a cargo carrier for me and a long haul motorway machine for partner. We thought the Aygo would cope and we are keen on economy but it was just too small. We ran up 80,000 miles on it though and it was a sweet little thing.

I used to own a 1974 Celica (in 1977) which was always a lovely car - it was written off unfortunately after two years and although I always said I would get another one I never did.

Used to be a company car driver and also something of a petrol head...owned a lot of mad cars Lotus 7, Shelby Mustang, Cortina Mks I (weird) , II (quite nice) and III (horrid), Rover 2000TC, Honda Accord, Triumph Spitfire, Nissan Bluebird, Nissan Sunny Coupe 2.0, BMW 325, Ford Puma, Ford Ka, Ford Mondeo Mk1, Cavalier CD 2.0.

You can see I have owned a few in my time - thats not a complete list at all.

My faves would be the the Celica, the Spitfire and the Rover 2000 but none of them were truly bad apart from a Vauxhall VX 4/90 which must rate as the worst car ever made anywhere by anyone :)

I am loving the Yaris Hybrid, love the fact its quiet, its smart, it takes the stress out of driving. Let the car do the work and decide when to put the lights on, when to wipe the windows, when to turn the petrol engine on and when to just go electric. Its all so smooth and seamless and the techno just works without any hassle.

Anyway thats a bit about me..sorry if I have droned on too long.

Hello Melanie - welcome to TOC. I'm sure you'll enjoy your Yaris Hybrid.

Welcome Melanie - great intro :) Hope you find the forum helpful - it's a friendly place !

Ta.....i will try and get a pic of Boris our Yaris at some point for my profile.

Also have a question but I will start a new thread.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links