Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Computer Question, Range Reading ?

Mel and Claire

Question on the Yaris Hybrid fuel/energy read out.

Filled up with gas, full tank and the trip data gives me a range estimate of 400 or so miles. All good.

Refill the tank after the first tank of fuel is exhausted the and range estimate is about 400 miles..no problems there.

Today After the third tank of fuel is exhausted, warning light on, I put a tenners worth in and reset all fuel data and now the range estimate shows zero. I have tried everything to get it to read right, reset all fuel data, reset the trip odos etc, read the manual (Nothing I can see) but the damn range estimate sticks at zero. I am inclining to think there is a float in the tank which is maybe stuck but I find that a. It hard to believe to be honest.

Any ideas out there ????

I don't think the trip computer copes well when one puts relatively small amounts of fuel into the tank - this seems to apply to several models. £10 equates to approx. 7.3 litres. It will probably produce a reading when more fuel is put in.

you need to put roughly 1/3 of a tank for it to register other wise it sits at 0

alex

Really ? Wow thats weird...considering how well everything else is thought out it seems really bizarre that the fuel sensor is so wibbly :)

I'll give it a go - thanks for that. I left my card at home and was down my last few quid in my purse hence the tiny fuel load. It was only after a bit I noticed the fuel computer was still where it would have been had I not refuelled. I did the obvious and pressed update and cleared old fuel data and it just went to zero.

Ah well I shall just have to give Boris the Yaris a better feed next time - thanks for that guys.