Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Identify A Part Fallen Off My New 2013 Rav4

msmueller

HELP...I just purchase a new 2013 RAV4 Ltd. and I just discovered this part laying in my garage under where I parked the SUV. It's a black rubber bushing or cushion of some type, measuring 1 1/4" wide x 1 1/4" deep x 1" tall. The only markings on it are a #1 on the underside. Took it to dealer and no-one in parts or service dept. has a clue.

Anyone take a shot at what it is?

Thanks,

Mark Muellerpost-133866-0-69180500-1377206214_thumb.post-133866-0-04219400-1377206217_thumb.post-133866-0-53911300-1377206219_thumb.

Absolutely, nothing else in the garage and found it laying in a position underneath the front passenger's side undercarriage would be over. After further inspection it appears to be some type of spacer or separator for possibly two different sized pipes or wire harnesses. It's rubber and ribbing inside suggest vibration dampening and depressions on top and bottom appear to be in a perpendicular fashion.

Haven't yet got under car to check out, but thought maybe someone might have encountered part.

-Mark

Have you had any accessories fitted Mark?

No accessories added, just purchased the car new a few days ago and only put some door edge guards on.

If it's a Toyota part, it will highly likely have a part number/reference moulded into it. Might be a "bought in" part, though...

Could it be part of the packing pieces used in the suspension when the car is being transported to the dealer?

Maybe a bit of roadside ditritus thrown up by a car in front, lodged in your chassis, came loose and fell out?

Sometimes, parts & tools have been left on/in the chassis as the car is going down the line in the factory and then forgotten about until the owner finds them. I once found a neatly wrapped salami sandwich behind the driver's door panel in an Alfa - it explained the strange smell that the car had!

Perfect shape to get lodged in tyre treads then drop on garage floor....?

Perfect shape to get lodged in tyre treads then drop on garage floor....?

Its 1 and 1/4 by 1 and a 1/4 Kev.. Some chunky tyres mate ? I would bet its a transportation bung of some sort.. Best hang on to it though just in case.