Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V Reg Rav 4. Manual 2Ltr Petrol

Donk

Hi all,

Just purchased a Toyota Rav 4.. 2ltr petrol on a V reg, and will be taking delivery of it on Saturday. Just wondered if they have any common faults that i need to look out for..

Never owned one before and any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Donk.

Only issue I could see is the mpg! If you can manage that EVERYTHING else should be perfick.

Dave

Thanks for that. I figure around 33 mpg around town as i have an 1.8ltr big car at the moment and that averages 38 mpg. That car is going on Saturday when i take delivery of the Rav 4. 2 ltr.

Thanks again for the info. :flowers:

Remember your model has permanent 4x4 so there is a constant drag on the mpg. 33 would be a great result, perhaps an owner with the same model/fuel type can verify what they get.

Dave

i dont think your mpg will be that high more like 22 - 26

check for any clunks from the rear diff bushes

pedal hardness of clutch , my origonal i got 148,000 miles from it

check sills for rust plus rust on the k frame at the front

smoke on start up from cold, valve stem seals leaking - livable aslong as you keep a eye on the oil level.

what milage has it got

Nigel

You will get 33 mpg on a long run, maybe a little more if you drive with a light right foot and keep below 60MPH.

In summer mine averages 33.5 if driven carefully, in winter expect 28 to 30 mpg, if you make it go a bit, expect less than those figures.

I keep a spreadsheet of my fuel consumption so am speaking from first hand experience, on my first ever tank full I got 25 mpg. After the initial shock I soon learned how to drive it more economically.

I you want to feel good about your mpg, take notice of the onboard computer which (on mine) lies about the mgp big style.

Instead go fill it to the brim, then do the maths next time you fill it to the brim, do this over many fill ups and you will see a pattern emerge.

If you want a more accurate on board computer try an "Ultragauge", just check it is compatible with your model first.

Phil

i dont think your mpg will be that high more like 22 - 26

check for any clunks from the rear diff bushes

pedal hardness of clutch , my origonal i got 148,000 miles from it

check sills for rust plus rust on the k frame at the front

smoke on start up from cold, valve stem seals leaking - livable aslong as you keep a eye on the oil level.

what milage has it got

108,000 is the current mileage.

My best ever reading on the fuel computer of the petrol nrg I've just swapped for an xtr diesel, 37.8 mpg

And that was its last day after 10 years with me, up the a14 from kettering to coventry at around 65 then down the m6 and m1 to n'pton at around 65 again then up the a43 to kettering around 40 to 50 in heavy traffic, and I was running extremely light with nothing in the motor.

In 10 years I averaged around 32-34 summer and 30-32 winter and the nrg did a bit better than the rav 4.1 I had for about 5 years before that. Around town dont expect much more than mid 20's , keep to 65 ish on dual and m/ways and you'll get low to mid 30's, enjoy it the ravs a great motor ,

Especially 3 door onespost-98863-0-91955900-1377363525_thumb.j

I drive mine pretty hard and have an engine conversion in both. On my number 2 RAV I get about 300 miles from a 60 litre tank. As I have currently lost 5th gear on that, I tend to keep the speed down below 70. Above that and it starts to affect the mpg.

On number 1 RAV, it gets about 22mpg.