Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bg44K Petrol

BigMo82

Anyone tried this with a petrol avensis? Any feedback? I know there is alot of talk on the diesel version but not sure about the petrol one.

Mo

Hi Mo, I was asking this question yesterday on another thread about http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/150715-avensis-2001-vvti-manual-pre-detonationpinging/ by Waqar.

I have looked at the BG website and seen what it can do, like clean the fuel injectors and remove carbon.

Lets hope somebody who has used BG44k will give us their experience.

Konrad

Yes I've tried this in a Citroen C3 1.6 Exclusive and it works a treat!... But also look at the Archoil products that work well. When I had my Audi 3.2 V6 I always ran it on Shell V-Power! Or Tesco Momentum (99RON, Made for Tesco's by great company) As they had great reviews from "Piston Head mag" and had twice the additives of normal unleaded...

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. It's got to be worth a go at £20.

Mo

Ok just picked up a can from Kwit Fit. I was told to add the whole can to a full tank, does that sound about right?

Mo

Ok just picked up a can from Kwit Fit. I was told to add the whole can to a full tank, does that sound about right?

Mo

A full can to a full tank yes, BG44 can be used for diesel and petrol.

Get yourself a bargain on eBay BG44 £10 + £ 2.70 postage

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BG-44-1-fuel-additive-for-petrol-or-diesel-engines-/221272472162?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item3384ddfa622

Thanks for the reply Dave, wish I had seen that before I picked it up from Kwik fit.

Mo

Thanks for the reply Dave, wish I had seen that before I picked it up from Kwik fit.

Mo

Its a once a year treatment

I used it on my 2ltr petrol t spirit and it worked a treat. So much so I'm going get some more as it was over a year ago now.

Thanks again for the replies, I filled up with v-power today and then poured the bg44k in. I drove it another 6 miles and I've parked it up for the night. I know it's going to take a while before I start noticing an improvement if any but if this helps even a little with my idle it will be more then worth it.

Mo

Ok slight update, I done about 30 miles today mostly local at which poin I noticed the trip was displaying 18mpg! I normally average 26-29mpg local. A little while later the EML came on and when I checked it the code was P0153 which is a problem with the O2 sensor on bank 2 sensor 1. I have reset the EML and done about 10 miles without any problems so far but what worries me is that sensor was replaced less then 4000 miles ago.

Could it be due to the BG44k shifting carbon which is getting onto the sensor?

Mo

• Like 1

Could it be due to the BG44k shifting carbon which is getting onto the sensor?

Hi Mo, I think its very likely if you`ve just started using a fuel system cleaner.

• Like 1