Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is The 0-60 Time Cts?

theenemywithin

What is the official and un-official 0-60 time for a Corolla T-Sport?

Is there anywhere i can go to time mine?

Its Red with 18" 5 Spoke Alloy's and i love it Dearly!!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T128

• Yarisboy

• knowlson

• exon16m

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

0-60 timing? not sure where you'd go to time that. SuperRetard in the Yaris forum might be the person to ask as he's in that line of business.

Standing Quarters though are easy. There's a meet at Elvington near York next weekend, then there's the Jap show at Santa Pod coming up.

Rich

Toyota says 0-60 is 8.4 seconds... but all of us that has a CTS knows it's faster... i clocked mine with a friend (so we were 2 in the car) and a bit uphill... i got 8 seconds exactly, but i only tried ones, so mabye i could get a little better with practise.

I've read some that clocked their around 7.5 seconds

around 7.8-8.0 seconds I reckon,

i'd be far more interested in the 30-70 time though, which would be much easier to time...

why don't you let us know how you get on with that :thumbsup:

best time posted was an Italian car mag which made 0-62 (100kmh) in 7.15 secs. I used to have Top gear article in which TS was faster 0-60 than CTR in slightly dump conditions, and took much less than 8 secs 0-60 (i forgot what it was - i suggest you search the forums for it)...

Autocar magazine did a group test a quite a while ago with cars such as the Civic Type R, Clio sport 172, Mini Cooper S etc. The figure they put on their 0-62 was 7.3 secs as I recall.

Who is thinking about getting the TTE supercharger kit when it comes out at some point this year???

I did a quick 30-70mph test using the CD player ( not very accurate but i was on my own!!!) it clocked at about 7 seconds. Do we have any advance on that....... :thumbsup:

I have thought about the TTE supercharger kit ... infact i have dreamed about it .... shame it will be so expensive. does any one have any figures 0-60 with the TTE supercharger kit

around 7.8-8.0 seconds I reckon

yarisboy you being silly again

my cts is around 7.2 or 7.4 to 60mph using optimax

toyota 8.4 is on 62mph u need to change to third gear to get there

hmm my e10 ( i know..not the model you asking) is about 10 sec up 100..i think is good for 1600 engines from 1993 but is only my opinion :D

around 7.8-8.0 seconds I reckon

yarisboy you being silly again

have you a stock rolla t.sport?

Don't take this wrong guys, but ...

Making a claim that your CTS can get to 60 in under 8seconds is <if my vocabulary was any smaller, it would be nearly as small as my genitals>. That would make it faster than a MKII MR2 and that we all know cannot happen - not without A LOT of money spent on the CTS.

However, I am willing to be given hard evidence to proove me wrong B)

And IF I am wrong then much respect to the CTS...

Provide proof of your 0-60's and I'll happily retract my statement.

What does 0-60 matter anyway, there's alot more to driving than a standing dash to 60mph.

T128 you being silly again

Once again it seems that nobody can say anything against the CTS without T128 over reacting. :blink:

sam

it would be pretty difficult to prove it unless you sat in a CTS and timed it yourself with someone else driving...

thats what i've done and i'm sure you'll be surprised if you timed it but it is mid 7's sprint to 60

it would be pretty difficult to prove it unless you sat in a CTS and timed it yourself with someone else driving...

thats what i've done and i'm sure you'll be surprised if you timed it but it is mid 7's sprint to 60

Why dont you go to santa pod and the the 1/4 mile and the 0-60 done (well i think it does 0-60 also :lol: )?? there is the japshow next week would be good to see a cts on the strip

Making a claim that your CTS can get to 60 in under 8seconds is <if my vocabulary was any smaller, it would be nearly as small as my genitals>. That would make it faster than a MKII MR2 and that we all know cannot happen - not without A LOT of money spent on the CTS.

As I've posted before - the Top Gear magazine test compared the CTS with CTR in damp conditions and the acceleration times were:

Corollla T Sport (CTS)

---------------------------

0-30mph (secs) 3.1

0-40mph (secs) 4.3

0-50mph (secs) 5.7

0-60mph (secs) 7.3

0-62mph (secs) 7.8

0-70mph (secs) 10

0-80mph (secs) 12

0-90mph (secs) 14.7

0-100mph (secs) 18.6

0-110mph (secs) 24

0-120mph (secs) 33.2

Max speed (mph) 132.7

Honda Civic Type-R

0-30mph (secs) 3.4

0-40mph (secs) 4.7

0-50mph (secs) 6.1

0-60mph (secs) 7.9

0-62mph (secs) 8.3

0-70mph (secs) 9.8

0-80mph (secs) 12

0-90mph (secs) 14.8

0-100mph (secs) 17.6

0-110mph (secs) 23.1

0-120mph (secs) 28.7

Max speed (mph) 140.2

And if the above isn't proof enough to the doubters buy a copy of the test from the Top Gear site (it'll cost you £3 though) :thumbsup:

As I've posted before - the Top Gear magazine test compared the CTS with CTR in damp conditions and the acceleration times were:

Corollla T Sport (CTS)

0-30mph (secs) 3.1

0-40mph (secs) 4.3

0-50mph (secs) 5.7

0-60mph (secs) 7.3

0-62mph (secs) 7.8

0-70mph (secs) 10

0-80mph (secs) 12

0-90mph (secs) 14.7

0-100mph (secs) 18.6

0-110mph (secs) 24

0-120mph (secs) 33.2

Max speed (mph) 132.7

Honda Civic Type-R

0-30mph (secs) 3.4

0-40mph (secs) 4.7

0-50mph (secs) 6.1

0-60mph (secs) 7.9

0-62mph (secs) 8.3

0-70mph (secs) 9.8

0-80mph (secs) 12

0-90mph (secs) 14.8

0-100mph (secs) 17.6

0-110mph (secs) 23.1

0-120mph (secs) 38.7

Max speed (mph) 140.2

And if the above isn't proof enough to the doubters buy a copy of the test from the Top Gear site (it'll cost you £3 though) :thumbsup:

Just looking at the times and there is something not right

the CTS at 110mph takes 24 secs and the type R takes 23.1 sec

so the type R is quicker to 110mph

and yet when you look at the next level 120mph the CTS takes 33.2 secs and the Type R 38.7 secs thats 5.5 secs longer. something is not right there.

what do you guys think

T128 you being silly again

Once again it seems that nobody can say anything against the CTS without T128 over reacting.  

To yairsboy you are a tit

Provide proof of your 0-60's and I'll happily retract my statement.

i have proof just waiting for you to make a even bigger tit of yourself then i might think about showing proof to you

cos i do like seening you making a tit of yourself time after time :)

To knowlson

is already been done by nick he had a wicked time in his standard cts

To System~G

if you are talking about non- turbo mr2 in standard form VS cts the mr2 will lose everytime

unless is a turbo then cts will get beat quite badly

this is first time i ever heard a N/A mr2 will beat a cts :o

To mikaelhoglund

yes my cts is stock most 0-60 test done in here by us cts owners are in stock

To knowlson

is already been done by nick he had a wicked time in his standard cts

Do you know what time he got? As he now drives a Civic Type R :D he has not been on the forum for ages

14.7 or 14.8 cant remenber anyway you cant get these time from a car doing 0-60 in 8 or mid 8 seconds

yes last time i seen him on here he did say he's going to get a type R in june or something and i did try and tell him what a mistake he was making

like i said before if one gonna trade in the cts atleast trade with something good like a sports car and ctr isn't and never will be a true sports car FULL STOP

Dearest T128,

In regards to your latest outburst in defence of the mighty CTS (again)... I can only say that I am deeply hurt and upset by your scathing comments (again). :(

I would like to take this opportunity to retract all my previous statements about the CTS, I was wrong to label all CTS drivers childish morons... I now realise it's only a select few that cannot discuss their car rationally, and without resorting to petty insults (yourself included). :blink:

However I will reitterate once again that the CTS (Corolla) is not as quick/fast/rapid/pacey/off shovel as you like to think it is. I also feel confident that they're are a large number of people in agreement with me on this matter. :yes:

Never once have I said that the CTS was '*****, rubbish, slow,' or indeed a 'girls car' .... however these comments have been thrown my way from simply stating time and again that the CTS is not as quick as the owners like to imagine. :o

I cannot deny the CTS is a very good car for it's price range and quick to boot, now am I missing something? exactly WHY is it that a few CTS people get very touchy, very quickly about it's capabilities? :huh:

I look forward to hearing from you, and seeing your santapod 0-62. :thumbsup:

Yours faithfully (with love) :group-cuddles:

Sam (aka yarisboy)

yarisboy you are like a annoying fly trap in the corolla section i hope someone will open the window and let you out

*clutches his chest*

T128... I thought we were just becoming friends!! :(

:D

(by the way, I would advise you search for a new insult... one with more than 3 letters too, your current one is becoming tired)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links