Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is The 0-60 Time Cts?

theenemywithin

When you will get your TS( asap i hope!) you will find out that 6.7s from 0-to 100km/h

is very,very, hard to be achieved!

I know. I'm just saying that Celica TS shouldn't be slower than the Corolla. And even if it is, not by 0.7 sec!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T128

• Yarisboy

• knowlson

• exon16m

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you will get your TS( asap i hope!) you will find out that 6.7s from 0-to 100km/h

is very,very, hard to be achieved!

I know. I'm just saying that Celica TS shouldn't be slower than the Corolla. And even if it is, not by 0.7 sec!

The power to weight ratio of both cars is almost identical something like 156bhp per ton and 153bhp per ton in favour of the celica. Aerodynamics will not be playing a significant part at these speeds so there is no reason whythe two wouln't be exactly the same in real world conditions unless the celica has closer ratios?

Celica isnt RWD and the gearbox is the same.

Celica is lighter with better aerodynamics.

There is just no reason in it being 10% slower (in terms of 0-100 kph time)!!!!

Celica is 40kg lighter not sufficent to notice on real roads, yes more areodynamic but will not notice this until higher speeds, it does handle a lot better though!

Surprised it has the same crappy gear box

............same engine,same gearbox, SAME ECU, BUT NOT THE SAME AERODINAMICS!!!!!!!!!

CELICA HAS 0.32 CD as below is stated:

Exterior Dimensions (in.) 2004 Toyota Celica

Wheelbase 102.4

Overall length 170.5

Overall width 68.3

Overall height 51.4

Track width Front 58.6

Rear 58.2

Minimum ground clearance 5.5

Coefficient of Drag (Cd) 0.32

CORROLLA 0.29!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR XTJC

Surprised it has the same crappy gear box

Change the clutch using TRD's device and you will see A HUGE IMPROVMENT!

I drove a TS with TRD clutch dit on it and ..........I bought a clutch from fensport

145 uk pounds( including shipment cost for Eastern Europe )

But if you wish A REAL WRX GEAR BOX YOU COULD BUY IT FROM C-ONE

http://www.c-one.co.jp/C-ONEPARTS/close_mission.html

MIRCEA

............same engine,same gearbox, SAME ECU, BUT NOT THE SAME AERODINAMICS!!!!!!!!!

CELICA HAS 0.32 CD as below is stated:

CORROLLA 0.29!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The corolla is more aerodynamic. Did not expect that.

• 4 years later...

Official 0-60 time for the Toyota Corolla TSport 3 door 2004> is 7.1 seconds.

This info can be found on Toyota's website under the used car section by looking at the archive car data sections.

I know they used top advertise it as 8.4 seconds but that was only so that they didn't over market the car against the more expensive Celica. Once the Celica was ended the Corolla's figures magically changed!

So I guess we were right when we said the CTS was faster than Toyota were letting on.

they have changed it too, wierd! and a bit of a scam if you ask me puting the wrong specs on it to begin with.

im all for the 0 to 60 getting put right, they also put it does 146mph top speed, im not sure mine will do that though :huh:

im happy that they put them right now though ;) hopefully they will get the respect they deserve now!

link below

http://www.toyota.co.uk/vs2/oldpdf/04/CO5_61_over.pdf

Now ladies lets try to stay calm, and civilised!

At this point can we try to forget the fact that I posted a reasonably angry reply in the thread about the burnt out AE86......

:lol:

I can normally always get between 6.8 and 7. I need to do a run again since iv had my short shift in but with just the typhoon i timed 6.84, 6.87, 6.83 different times just under 7 seconds. My car was also not lowered at the time so it depends on the driver and road i reckon with this one. Road was tottaly flat and dry aswell when timed.

i reckon there good for 7.5ish standard in the right conditions and driver.

we defo all know they do it quiker than 8.4secs

Official 0-60 time for the Toyota Corolla TSport 3 door 2004> is 7.1 seconds.

This info can be found on Toyota's website under the used car section by looking at the archive car data sections.

I know they used top advertise it as 8.4 seconds but that was only so that they didn't over market the car against the more expensive Celica. Once the Celica was ended the Corolla's figures magically changed!

So I guess we were right when we said the CTS was faster than Toyota were letting on.

Maybe they need to change this on 'Parkers' website too ? They still state the 0-60 as 8.1.....which is slower than the Focus ST170 :blink:

L O L , what a thread, loved it when that numpty butted in saying he had to sign up just to reply and say the t sport would get batterd by his rover , lmao he never replied again !

im sick of ppl saying the t sport is slow due to toyota saying 8.2 or 8.4 seconds, but i know its faster and one day i will get timed and have proof just to show these ppl :) ]#

140+ should be easily achieved ive hit 135 with plenty more left in the beast !

BUT you ppl wanting toyota to change there stats to what it should be ( low sevens to 60 ) this would then move our insurence group up to group 15 or even 16 so lets keep it how it is eh ? :D enjoy lift as im sure i do :)

BUT you ppl wanting toyota to change there stats to what it should be ( low sevens to 60 ) this would then move our insurence group up to group 15 or even 16 so lets keep it how it is eh ? :D enjoy lift as im sure i do :)

Actually, thats a good point....leave it as it is........and will increase the surprise factor with other drivers :P

Shall we start a petition to the management? :lol:

Shall we start a petition to the management? :lol:

yea t-sport forum should come back! easier to search threads and also more organised.

• 2 months later...
around 7.8-8.0 seconds I reckon

yarisboy you being silly again

my cts is around 7.2 or 7.4 to 60mph using optimax

toyota 8.4 is on 62mph u need to change to third gear to get there

I dont need to change gear my 2nd gear going to 110 kmph that is over 68mph

and I only have digitaltuning.ch chip for my cts and I am little faster than FN2 Civic Type-R