Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1Cd-Ftv (115) Vs 1Ad-Ftv (125) Which Is More Reliable For A High Milea

avensisd4d786

Noticed this post while searching for something else. I gotta tell that I have seen Avensis 2003 D4D 2,0 85KW (115hp) with 880.000 km (547.000 miles) and it was still running great. All the rubber parts under the hood (like that hone to air filter) looked very worn, but everything else was fine.

• Like 2

547,000 that is impressive, we have settle for the 1cd-ftv so should see good results!

I have 1cd ftv d4d in my avensis verso 2001 and it is 260000 km,just changed clutch(Blue Print) and year ago on some 230 000 km changed timing belt and water pump(Toyota original).It is great engine but next will be chain driven.For better filtration of fuel I am using pre filter from old Mazda 2.0D.It helps because of pure quality Diesel.It is good for injectors to ad some Liqui Moly additive from time to time in tank.I had some problems with Toyota service Manager in Split-Croatia and I think he wanted me to change Garett turbo charger on 150 000 for some 3000 Euro,new and half price repaired.When I ask him for printed data from computer to check data of turbo charger he refused.Main importer in Zagreb-Croatia told me that Toyota dealer in Split is best in country and they will not do anything against them even if I inform Japan.This is truth and I am ready to testify on any court.After two more Toyota services I discovered that it was catalizator partly clogged.Took it of and have no problems with "Safe mode" after presure rise in turbo system.

• Like 1

I have 1cd ftv d4d in my avensis verso 2001 and it is 260000 km,just changed clutch(Blue Print) and year ago on some 230 000 km changed timing belt and water pump(Toyota original).It is great engine but next will be chain driven.For better filtration of fuel I am using pre filter from old Mazda 2.0D.It helps because of pure quality Diesel.It is good for injectors to ad some Liqui Moly additive from time to time in tank.I had some problems with Toyota service Manager in Split-Croatia and I think he wanted me to change Garett turbo charger on 150 000 for some 3000 Euro,new and half price repaired.When I ask him for printed data from computer to check data of turbo charger he refused.Main importer in Zagreb-Croatia told me that Toyota dealer in Split is best in country and they will not do anything against them even if I inform Japan.This is truth and I am ready to testify on any court.After two more Toyota services I discovered that it was catalizator partly clogged.Took it of and have no problems with "Safe mode" after presure rise in turbo system.

the chain driven engine has the headgasket issue this is the only reason we have not gone for this model. and alot of taxi drivers have said the 1cd is more reliable than the 1ad engine.

Do you mean you are using a fuel filter from a mazda 2.0 diesel,?

1cd engine here and that's what I wanted before I bought it due to it being bombproof just keep t belt schedule and also 5k oil changes, mines feels brand new and great torque cant complain.

also done run from Glasgow to blackpool then back( not in the same day) not hanging around,

cost £40 in real world money im happy with that as my last motor averaged 19mpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links