Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Help !

yaris09

Hi

I hope someone can help me I've got an 09 yaris 3 door yaris and my passenger door won't unlock it was working fine and the all of sudden I can't get people in to the passenger side! I called toyota ans they said it would be £139 just to tell me why it won't open so that doesn't even include the repair I think that's terrible cause to me that's a health and safety problem. Anyway just wondering if anyone's had or heard of this problem and how they've solved it.

Thanks x

Hello Cher - welcome to TOA. Have moved your topic to the Yaris forum.

Presumably you have remote central locking - where you press a button on the key fob and the doors (should) unlock. Have you tried using the key in the driver or passenger door to unlock the doors?

Yeh FROSTYBALLS it is remote central locking and there's only key access on the drivers side and doing that doesn't work either. I was thinking maybe I tripped some sort of safety switch but I can't see anything in the manual! I'm puzzled

Hi

I hope someone can help me I've got an 09 yaris 3 door yaris and my passenger door won't unlock it was working fine and the all of sudden I can't get people in to the passenger side! I called toyota ans they said it would be £139 just to tell me why it won't open so that doesn't even include the repair I think that's terrible cause to me that's a health and safety problem. Anyway just wondering if anyone's had or heard of this problem and how they've solved it.

Thanks x

Check the Dome and Gauge fuses. Does the drivers door lock/unlock with the remote? Does the tailgate lock/unlock with the remote? Do the hazard lights behave as they should when locking/unlocking? Can you open the passenger door from the inside? Can you lock/unlock the doors using the switch in the drivers door armrest? Have you tried the second remote? How long since you renewed the batteries in the remotes? If you can post the answers to these questions I may be able to help further.

Regards Geoff Peace.

Hi

Thanks x

Check the Dome and Gauge fuses. Does the drivers door lock/unlock with the remote? Does the tailgate lock/unlock with the remote? Do the hazard lights behave as they should when locking/unlocking? Can you open the passenger door from the inside? Can you lock/unlock the doors using the switch in the drivers door armrest? Have you tried the second remote? How long since you renewed the batteries in the remotes? If you can post the answers to these questions I may be able to help further.

Regards Geoff Peace.

Yes the drivers door unlocks with the remote as does the tailgate. The hazards behave as normal the passengers door does not open at all it is locked I can't even manually flip the switch on the inside door. I can only unlock the drivers side using the arm rest I have just tried the second remote no luck.:(

Then dome and gauge fuses? If you tell me were I can find them I'm more than willing to check those also

Thank you

Dome fuse is in the fusebox in the engine compartment. top right hand corner, 15A Gauge fuse is in the passenger compartment fuse box top left hand corner.10A. From your answers, you would appear to have a signal output from the central locking ECU. (Drivers door and boot locks operate) The passenger door lock is operated from the drivers door lock which works so this points to the problem being either the passenger door lock switch or the door lock motor. However if you cannot open the passenger door at all from the inside then it would suggest a mechanical failure inside the door. Unfortunately to test these components the door card has to be removed which means the door has to be opened. Your choice is between a dealer or searching the internet to see if you can locate a good auto locksmith. Modern car doors are very difficult to open without damage unless by the dealer or locksmith.

Regards Geoff Peace.