Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Installing Sound System

Chris_munday

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone knows how to install a sound system (Amp, Sub, 6x9's) in a 2.2 T180. Mainly wiring it into the head unit.

Thanks

Are you trying to wire it into the current head unit? If yes then you will probably need a Hi-Low converter if you are going to run an amp with the system. Stock stereo systems output as high because they have the amp built into them, if you try putting this into another amp (to run your 6x9s and sub) you can blow them. An example converter is: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_938985_langId_-1_categoryId_265889

Hi mate. Thanks for your reply!!

Yes i would like to wire straight into the head unit. Im just wondering if using the converter I would loose any function of the unit e.g radio or sat nav etc. Im no electrician lol.

I have attatched a link to a picture of the rear of the unit so you know which one I am talking about as they differ with the different models of auris.

http://www.varaosahaku.fi/?link=item&post_id=29874556

Thanks

Chris

Sorry about the long reply time. Have had no interweb. The high low converter simply connects to the Speakers wires coming out of the head unit. If you want a sub, 6x9s and your stock Speakers then splice into the connections instead of cutting them off. Use the front Speakers for your sub connection, and rear speakers for subwoofer. It will not effect the capabilities of the head unit at all.

Sorry about the long reply time. Have had no interweb. The high low converter simply connects to the Speakers wires coming out of the head unit. If you want a sub, 6x9s and your stock Speakers then splice into the connections instead of cutting them off. Use the front Speakers for your sub connection, and rear speakers for subwoofer. It will not effect the capabilities of the head unit at all.

In addition to the previous answer, there are amplifiers that can take the hi speaker signal direct from the head unit.

Depending on the model of the head unit, there may be pre-out sockets which is much better. Have you checked yours or have the handbook?

I don't know the Auris model incar audio but if you find out more info on your head unit model, you will know what amp to go for.

Somebody may have the installation plans of your car/head unit combination.

One thing I learnt about installing audio, is to upgrade without making it look too obvious. I went that way to upgrade my Speakers in the original holes. I am not a fan of parcel shelf Speakers, because of the amount of times it has to be removed.

Also the installation may help the value of the car when it comes to selling - or not.

Thanks for the advice guys. I have decided to just simplify things and gone ahead and got a cheap single DIN head unit £50 and a fascia for £14. With not being an electrician and having just the right amount of knowledge needed to wire in a simpler system it seems like a safer, easier option for me.

Thanks again guys!!

Chris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links