Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 1.8 Hybrid Excel Starter Battery

beachlife

Just ordered an Auris Hybrid for delivery on September 10th.

I spend the winter in the Canaries so am concerned that the starter Battery will be drained when I return. So have a couple of questions.

1 I plan to disconnect the negative terminal to prevent draining the Battery from the security/radio presets/clock/ etc. I have done this before on numerous times with a standard petrol engine car Battery. I am assuming this is ok with the electrical setup with the auris, am I correct that this is ok with the Auris hybrid?

2 As the battery is smaller than a conventional battery I know that even a dis connected battery loses charge over a period of time. So I am considering getting a maintenance battery charger such as the CTEK CTE-MXS5.0 5A Car Battery Charger which will trickle charge the battery over a period of time but will not over charge the battery ( lots of classic car owners use these to keep a battery in good condition over winter). I need to know the ratings for the battery to make sure I get the correct battery charger so would appreciate it if anyone can tell me the battery ratings/information used in the Hybrid excel. I have not got the Auris as yet and after getting it have only 6 days before I leave until Christmas so am trying to get the correct battery charger before I go.

I've never looked at mine, but I must admit I thought it was just a normal car Battery, albeit housed in the boot.

If no-one else answers in the mean time, I'll have a look on Monday when I get home.

Thanks for the prompt reply Colin. Looking at that Battery its rated at 40ah however if you could find out the actual ah rating for the Battery in your Auris would appreciate it as it may be different to the Bosch one you have found.

Hi, sorry for the delay, according to the label, my Battery is 35Ah.

The full details are: 20HR 35Ah CCA 272A B20(JIS)

Thanks for that Colin just what I have needed.

Have ordered a CTEK CTE-MXS5.0 5A 12V Car Battery Charger.

Got an email from Ctek to whether you can leave the Ctek trickle charger connected to the Battery in situ in the car with it still connected. They say you can but going to go into Toyota dealer to get that confirmed.

For information for others the CTEK seems to be a good bit of kit. It reconditions batteries which you might otherwise have given up on. Plus the charger has ability to be left on the Battery for months without overloading. As it is electronis rather than transformer based its does not suffer overheat problems like the old type of charger. Can be found on eBay or Amazon. If interested read the reviews of it on Amazon.