Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Plans

cfc

Just had the 3 year service and had a quote for the next 3 years as a service plan,this would include 3 MOT's.

£573

How does this compare with other offers and is it thought to be a good deal, never had a service plan before.

My car is a nearly three year old Auris 1.6 TR V-Matic Manual

This service Mr T has used 5W30 oil. This looks to be what Toyota are suggesting now having read the above "sticky" about oil.

Am I right in thinking Toyota were using 0W-20 for this engine, why the change?

I'd imagine the dealer saves money on 5W30 which is cheaper than 0W20?

I think I might insist on 0W20 when I get my next service for the Auris HSD.

As regards oil, there has been no change. The engine in your 2010 Auris is an Optimal Drive unit. Toyota used 0W-20 oil for these engines at the factory. 5W-30 can be used.

As regards your service plan, presumably the 3 services are two full (4 and 6 years) and one intermediate (5 year). Comparing the servicing costs with Toyota's Fixed Price Servicing, an intermediate service is £129 and a full £199 - £527 in total.

I would check this cost and what is included with the servicing dealer. If the service plan is for two full and one intermediate service and three MOT's, it seems a good deal.

However, what about brake fluid changes at 4 and 6 years (fixed price service cost £39 each)?

Think 0W-20 is supposed to be used for the later hybrids.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes it is for two full and one intermediate inc. brake fluid changes and spark plugs at the third (60000) service plus 3 MOT's.

I am considering this because I have just paid Mr T £191.59 for an intermediate service which is at odds with the figure you gave in your post. The charge for "5W30 Optimal Drive Engine Oil" was £51.74 before VAT. This seems very high and is why the total is what it is!

Not all dealers participate in the Toyota Fixed Price Service scheme, but the costs can still be used to negotiate service plans etc. Not heard about a dealer charging extra to use 0W-30 oil before, and as most Toyoya petrol engines since 2008 are Optimal Drive, that seems a bit strange - do they make that charge to every customer? I can see they would charge extra for 0W-20. Seems a bit of a con.

Just to be clear I will list the charges.

Service (I presume labour) £75.00

Oil £51.74

Environmental £6.04

Filter £8.13

Screenwash £1.10

Drain plug gasket £1.15

Fuel Treatment ? £10.00

Oil Clean/Conditione ? £6.50

VAT £31.93

Total £191.59

Assuming this is "normal" dealer charges then I guess the plan offered if good!

From your earlier post it sounded though you'd been charged extra for using oil specifically for Toyota Optimal Drive engines.

Still on the expensive side for an intermediate service.

Even before the Fixed Price Service scheme came in (January 2012), my supplying dealer charged £145 for the intermediate services on my 2009 Auris - and that was using 0W-20 oil.

If the above service charge is typical of your dealer, the service plan is good value.

Just make sure that the plan details in writing the work you have agreed the plan will cover - ie 2 full services, 1 intermediate service, brake fluid changes, plug change, and three MOT's.

Yes, thought I had not made it very clear hence my last post.

Thanks for you help, I think I will go for it but will keep in mind the points you have made.

I guess it will depend on competition in any given area, there is none within easy distance other the one I have used.

To be fair to Mr T when I bought the car it had 4 months to go before the next service and I was given a voucher for that service and so paid nothing last year.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links