Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where To Pick Up A Live?

wangtastic

Greetings,

My old man owns a 2010 auris and has bought some DRL's :/

He wants to install them himself, but doesn't know where to pick up the live feed.

The instructions say it needs to come from a feed that reacts with the key turning in the ignition i.e. when the key is turned on the second click before the ignition starts the lights come on.

Anyone got any advice?

Cheers

Steve

Sorry mate,

Internet's been down all week, nightmare!

Thanks for this bud that's brilliant.

don't suppose you know where would be the easiest point to access it to tap into?

cheers

Steve

First remove the air duct and air filter box, then you can easy notice reverse switch, it's right above gear box; take the connector out ant tap green wire.

Hi Tavi, looking for this reverse sw above the gearbox. removed filter & box quite a few connecters in this area.

one with red &green wires just at the rear of the filter box location about 9 oclock, one at 12 oclock with red &white;

just underneath this is one with black& white,blue,thick black&thick white wires.

right down below at 6 oclock this connecter has red &green wires. seem a bit of a devil to get at.

need your expert help before I chose the wrong one. think ill go for a cuppa to calm me down.

regards cfn

If you have an Auris (I see RAV4 bellow your blank avatar), that one with green and red wires must be; you can check the correct wire (green one should be) in this way: take connector out and put a voltmeter with (-) at ground (chassis) and (+) at connector no.2 pin (green wire) then put the ignition switch on IG (not ACC) and voltmeter must indicate the Battery voltage (11...13V).

HI Tavy many thanks for your swift reply,

It did set me wondering that the wireing in the Rav was different than the Auris but being

directed from the Rav forum I thought I would give it a try.

Tomorrow with great hopes I Intend to follow your directions and see if I can make any headway with

this problem.

regards cfn

No problem, I have RAV4 manual too; the manual says that is same as Auris: green wire is IG+ (same connector with red and green wires).

• 5 months later...

hi can you tell me what wire from the d r l connects to the green wire to pick up the live ...red or black ?

I,m a bit confused about the wiring on the rav4 with the red live and black switch on :driving:

thanks ..I,ll try connecting the red wire to the green .when I get round to it....if it ever stop raining :driving:

hi can you tell me what wire from the d r l connects to the green wire to pick up the live ...red or black ?

I,m a bit confused about the wiring on the rav4 with the red live and black switch on :driving:

I referred (in page 1) at RAV4 2006...2012 model, for the previous one (I see you have 2002 model) I have no idea; you can check wires with a voltmeter, tho.

okay ..ill work it out somehow thanks..just worried about red being live and the black being on the switch side