Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Throw Me Some Inspiration! *new Member*

MacaPittuck

What's up guys. First post here!

Yesterday I got my hands on a Grey Corolla 1.4 VVTI T3, first car still yet to pass my test. So while I'm still learning need some inspiration of things to do to my car. My car will be at mine on the 1st of september!

At the minute I have in mind,

coilovers

spacers

new shoes

Throw in pictures of your cars, doesn't have to be same model, 80's models will be awesome too!

I'll introduce myself now, as a new member.

I'm Maca, I'm 17 from the North East Coast of England, had a passion for cars since before I can remember. I'm a landscape & animal photographer.

Hello Maca - welcome to TOC. Try using the New Member Introductions section to introduce yourself.

Welcome to TOC Maca

Please bear in mind that carrying out modifications (particularly performance/ handling mods) to your car could make your insurance costs soar at your age

Such modifications MUST be declared to your insurance company or any claim in the future could be rejected :(

Welcome to TOC Maca

Please bear in mind that carrying out modifications (particularly performance/ handling mods) to your car could make your insurance costs soar at your age

Such modifications MUST be declared to your insurance company or any claim in the future could be rejected :(

Oh I know right! ridiculous. I still need money before I do anything, such changes probably won't be happening till I have atleast 1 year NCB. I will probably start on interior like new seats and such.

Like they say, "you need to learn to walk before you run", I shall be getting a lot of experience in my car and getting used to it before I apply handling mods. :D

Welcome to TOC Maca

Oh I know right! ridiculous. I still need money before I do anything, such changes probably won't be happening till I have atleast 1 year NCB. I will probably start on interior like new seats and such.

Like they say, "you need to learn to walk before you run", I shall be getting a lot of experience in my car and getting used to it before I apply handling mods. :D

I appreciate that....It's just that in your first post you mentioned coil overs and spacers :)

Welcome to TOC Maca

I appreciate that....It's just that in your first post you mentioned coil overs and spacers :)

Haha yeah:P. Will I still be able to put some new shoes on it? I'm looking at some 3SDM wheels, the current wheels on the car are not stock either.

Lol......Never heard tyres called shoes before.......Most call them BOOTS

ANY non standard wheels should be declared to your insurance company as they will tell you that cars with non standard (improved) wheels are a target for theft

Sorry to say, but at your age and lack of driving experience it is often a good idea to keep your car standard or be prepared to pay just a bit more on insurance.

I must add that not all insurance companies charge lots more for young drivers with modified cars, so may be an idea to check around :)

Steve you're still bloody boring mate! :P

You should declare everything, in fact I'm sure there are policies where bird crap on the roof will void your policy - you may have gathered, insurance companies are not my favourite things.

Anyway, as for inspiration, here's what I've spent too much of my life doing:

IMG_5205_zps51cbd1b5.jpg

CleanFrontHighUp_zpsc87a0108.jpg

temporary_zpsefb757ad.jpg

And the more recent addition:

WP_20130820_002_zps1a417c0e.jpg

WP_20130821_001_zpsb5218c68.jpg

Both of the AE92 family - the white one is a 1989 GTi Hatch and the grey is a 1990 GL Liftback 1.3 eco tank :lol:

I'd be wary of spacers because they stress the wheel bearings if you go anything over about 7.5mm a side but it's up to you and how much money you have in the "if shit happens" fund. I personally have nothing in it, so Ii have to make sure that anything I do will last.

If I were you I'd take a poke at some lowering springs. Nowt more than 30-40mm (I'm on 40mm IIRC) otherwise you cook the shocks after a time and if you really want to tighten up the ride to no end, balls to coilovers get yourself a full poly-bush kit. It should make the ride harder and much more precise without shattering your spine and arse bone....

If you do go for coilovers avoid the really cheap stuff as they have a habit of falling apart and showing you the most effective way to wipe out a pavement of people.

So you know, the 1.6 4A-GE or 1.8 2ZZ-GE will swap into your mounting holes, so you can have extra powahs for funsies. But of course, it costs mega money and you will have a vaseline feed to your behind to grant insurance companies easy access.

KP

Steve you're still !Removed! boring mate! :P

You should declare everything, in fact I'm sure there are policies where bird crap on the roof will void your policy - you may have gathered, insurance companies are not my favourite things.

Anyway, as for inspiration, here's what I've spent too much of my life doing:

And the more recent addition:

Both of the AE92 family - the white one is a 1989 GTi Hatch and the grey is a 1990 GL Liftback 1.3 eco tank :lol:

I'd be wary of spacers because they stress the wheel bearings if you go anything over about 7.5mm a side but it's up to you and how much money you have in the "if **** happens" fund. I personally have nothing in it, so Ii have to make sure that anything I do will last.

If I were you I'd take a poke at some lowering springs. Nowt more than 30-40mm (I'm on 40mm IIRC) otherwise you cook the shocks after a time and if you really want to tighten up the ride to no end, balls to coilovers get yourself a full poly-bush kit. It should make the ride harder and much more precise without shattering your spine and **** bone....

If you do go for coilovers avoid the really cheap stuff as they have a habit of falling apart and showing you the most effective way to wipe out a pavement of people.

So you know, the 1.6 4A-GE or 1.8 2ZZ-GE will swap into your mounting holes, so you can have extra powahs for funsies. But of course, it costs mega money and you will have a vaseline feed to your behind to grant insurance companies easy access.

KP

I can not help but respect you. Both of these are gorgeous! How much did you get the AE92 for?!

I don't think i will get spacers, as the stock wheels on my model are pretty inline with arches, anyway!

Do Lowering springs have similar comfort to the coilovers? I like the bouncy bouncy :laughing:

If I were to get coilovers i would be willing to spend £1000 for a reliable pair. Or even at £1000, get bags ;).

I definitely won't be swapping the engines. I will be buying an MX5 project car as a drift car for a bit of fun on the tracks!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and pictures, mate! I love your cars.

Welcome.

I'm sure fensport do 40mm springs for yours. I've got a set on old g6.

Any excuse to get my G6 out

gallery_8587_13_1122381084_m.jpg

I remember driving to rayvern hydraulics to discuss bags but couldn't bring myself to spend that much.

Good luck with whatever mods you do but declare all of them.

And if a insurance staff member says certain minor mods don't have to be declared.

Ask for it in writing and watch them backtrack on it.

Welcome.

I'm sure fensport do 40mm springs for yours. I've got a set on old g6.

Any excuse to get my G6 out

I remember driving to rayvern hydraulics to discuss bags but couldn't bring myself to spend that much.

Gorgeous car mate. Love the black on black! Found some Apex springs, 40mm drop for £100 all around! Looking at some magnaflow exhaust systems too.

Wheels will be around christmas time, i imagine.

I don't think bags are worth it, if i'm honest. If you want a slammed car like scraping, but hate speed bumps bags are okay. But I think corolla's sit nicely on 40mm springs

Thanks,

Bags are are a luxury. There are a fair few e12's on here with 30 to40mm drops and 17's with no issues.

I replaced part of the exhaust from the cat back with a custom stainless steel system because it was cheaper than Toyota.