Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New To The Starlet!

nevertomorrow

Hi guys im hoping you ca. Help me I have just brought a starlet today 1.3 turbo. It's A GREAT car amazing condition as well. It has a cracked manifold alone a bit of weld. Only aa a ssmall one. does anyone know why this has cracked and also im looking on eBay for a new one and it said please make sure what turbo you have and how do I know what turbo I have??? Iv NEVER had a starlet so this is all new. Also the fans sometimes don't switch on then sometimes they come oon well driving.

Hope you'll can help.

Thanks

Won't be much good on this, but if you need to identify the turbo have a look for a Label or nameplate on the turbo outer-casing

EDIT-

Forgot, i think usually a cracked manifold is done by the constant heating and the cooling it goes through, someone may correct me if I'm wrong, I'm no expert. But It seems pretty logical for that to be one of the causes of a cracked manifold

Thanks for the info I have brought a manifold. Also I heard gear boxes go easy. Saying that mine at low revs has a strange sound. It sounds like you can hear the gears spinning round mainly 2nd and 3rd, maybe II I NEED to start looking for a new one? Or maybe change the gear box oil? What oil do I use and any good places I could look to buy a new gear box?? Thanks for the help mate :)!!

Thanks for the info I have brought a manifold. Also I heard gear boxes go easy. Saying that mine at low revs has a strange sound. It sounds like you can hear the gears spinning round mainly 2nd and 3rd, maybe II I NEED to start looking for a new one? Or maybe change the gear box oil? What oil do I use and any good places I could look to buy a new gear box?? Thanks for the help mate :)!!

Sounds like something could be loose or broken inside your gear box. Worn shift cables, clutch not disengaging correctly or worn synchos. It could be anything, maybe a garage could diagnose the problem.

Yeah Starlets, despite their gorgeous looks and unreal performance, they do have a reputation for broken gearboxes. Before you buy a gearbox, try using Redline oil. Highly recommended by a lot of people.

Can't help you on purchasing a gearbox, maybe a parts store or a place where they crush illegal vehicles what have been confiscated. Good luck, buddy!