Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Sr 1.6 ....lots Of

nice cuppa

Hello everyone

I am new to the forum...hope I am posting this in the right place!

I have bought a 2010 plate toyota auris island blue (1.6 sr) a couple of weeks ago (I had a 2003 corolla before but it was written off...). I had the corolla for almost ten years without any issues.

Have had the auris for 2 weeks and so far

passenger side cup holder broken,

passenger side seat makes a horrid creaking noise whenever anyone sits in it and we are in a bumpier road (ie dual carriageway fine..everything else not good),

plus I have noticed on odd occasion the power steering makes a horrid noise when reversing into a space.

I am probably going to head back to Lincs and the dealership I bought it from to get it rectified as local dealership has said I have a 3 plus 2 warranty and the 2 year doesn't cover trims etc.. But my car was registered after June 2010 so they can't be right...can they?

Anyway sorry for waffling on. If anyone has any advice on the problems I have had and how dealerships should rectify it I would be grateful. I like my auris but this has left a bad taste in my mouth! I got a toyota based on my experience with my corolla. Must have bought a lemon this time or Toyota not as great as they used to be.

Technically they're right. Toyota GB added the additional two years of cover to keep customer confidence after the accelerator pedal recall in 2010. Elsewhere in Europe the warranty is three years. With the Auris, Toyota followed other manufacturers in using hard plastics more in the interiors, and the perception of quality and attention to detail isn't as high as with the Corolla. I would go back to the selling dealer and ask them to look at the issues. Think the cupholder is on the fragile side - one broke in my 2009 Auris - so a bit of care when using it would be best.

The dealer I got it from has come back to me and said he checked the Toyota Vehicle Information Area and my car
came with the Full 5 Year Toyota Warranty from new and not the 3 plus 2 warranty that was available for cars registered before the 1st June 2010. So getting two different answers from 2 different Toyota dealers!

So will find out more tomorrow from him tomorrow and when the sales manager is back. They seem like a good dealership tho and said they will resolve issues for me. Just interested to know if anyone else has had the squeaky passenger seat and power steering noise now. Seems like the cup holder problem has occured for many others as well.

The warranty before 1st June 2010 was the standard Toyota new car warranty which gave 3 years/60,000 miles of cover.

The 5 year/100,000 mile warranty came into being in the UK from 1st June 2010 - and it is this warranty where Toyota GB have added an additional 2 years of cover to the standard Toyota new car warranty.

The rest of Europe still have the 3 year/60,000 mile warranty.

Well the good news is that I have it booked into the dealership where I purchased it from so they can sort all these issues. Bit of a pain as it is quite a drive but happy to be getting it sorted.

As my car was registered in July 2010 they have confirmed I defo have the full 5 year warranty and not the 3 +2 (where the last 2 years doesn't cover the trim etc) so not sure why local dealership are saying that. Will go to another local dealership in future I think!)

You have a 5 YEAR MECHANICAL WARRANTY

5 years or 100,000* miles from new, whichever comes first, with no mileage limitation for the first year.

This warranty also covers any mechanical fault caused by a manufacturing defect.

Trim is not covered in that mechanical warranty although your selling dealer may feel obliged to fit them FOC for you

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thank you. Wish all the dealerships I have dealt with would just spell it out like that. Unfortuantely I kept getting different answers depending on who I spoke to! Shouldn't be that difficult :-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links