Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aarrrrgggh Flashing Light On The Dashboard Help

Abixxx

hi im new to Toyota club I joined as I have a question to ask.. I have A TOYOTA IQ 2009.. I took my car for a service about 2 weeks ago its been working absolutely fine since then. Then yesterday I got in my car and 3 flashing lights appeared on the dashboard. the malfunction engine light, and slip and VSC OFF indicators. HELP what could this mean is there normally a common fault when this flashes up??? I appreciate any feedback thanks..

This usually indicates the data bus between the ECU modules has become corrupted.

Disconnect the Battery and leave it off for 30mins then re connect. All should be good again

And welcome by the way

David

• Like 1

thanks for your help I will try that. I think something could of been knocked when it was serviced and mot.. fingers crossed that works..

• Like 1

No it happens all by itself "nice". I corrupted mine the other day by inserting a plug into the OBD11 diagnostic socket which was out by i pin whilst working on a new modification

David

• Like 1

this hasn't worked im wounded it was only serviced and mot 2 weeks ago with Toyota.. what else could it be ???

Back to the garage/dealer then.... :-)

Sorry to hear that

Its the only cure i know without investigating with a meter

David

Could it just be the service lights that thedealer forgot to reset? Sometimes they do forget, especially if you have had it serviced a bit early before the lights have come on to remind you.

Does the iQ have service lights?

I've never seen them and I do my own servicing so would expected to see them by now.

Craig.

Thanks for your help anyway I'm getting it plugged in today my dad has a thing to do it with then garage tomoz.. Car love them but hate them sometimes lol

Does the iQ have service lights?

I've never seen them and I do my own servicing so would expected to see them by now.

Craig.

hey im having to get it plugged in tomorrow I really hope it isn't anything too serious has anyone else had this problem before ? if so what were the problems?

How many miles has the car done and what was being done at the service, just Oil & Filter or anything more.

Has it had New Spark Plugs, or needed anything done with the EGR?

Where they changing Brake pads or Discs or touching anything.

& maybe importantly, did the car have its recall work done before you purchased it?

george

mmn

recall work on the steering would have possibly needed a software upgrade At least that was how it was told to me at that time.If it wasn't calibration'able (good word) then would need a new steering rack/column whatever

David

hi I found out today its the back lamda sensor and something to do with the brakes.. they need a good clean.. so an expensive job :( luckily my dad is going to fit the sensor.. nightmare

So you are saying that it is 2 different problems then.

The 'Lambda sensor,' (oxygen sensor) Engine, Exhaust System.

&

You also have something wrong with the Brakes as well, a rear sensor or something.

Or just, Discs, Pads, Calipers needing a service, clean up.

?? So have you checked that your car had the Brakes/steering done under RE-call. & the Brake Pipe replaced, also a recall item.

which will have included the Brake Fluid being changed.

If not, it will still be due it being done by Toyota and at no cost to you.

someone can link the Toyota Recall Checker for you hopefully, sorry i can not just now.

(or give Toyota Dealer your Registration or Car VIN and let them tell you if it is on record as having been done.)

george

hey when I had my car plugged in last week and these are the codes that the diagnostic check gave me

p0037 - heater circuit bank 1 sensor 2 signalm too low

c1201 - ABS control unit malfunction

I am having the car fixed next week by my dad fortunetly it doesn't have to be repaired in a garage!! then I have to take it back to a garage to get it plugged in and hopefully the problem will be fixed and swipe any lights on the dashboard!! has anyone else had any of these faults before on their IQ

• 2 weeks later...