Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Install Front/rear License Plate Holder On Avensis?

SmithCraig896

Just noticed this morning my car number plate at the back fell off, front one is still there.

I'm considering getting a new number plate holder, but I'm wondering wheather these require any drilling in the front bumper or the rear boot to fit? would rather not do that if that is the case. naughty.gif

licenseplate_zps215dedb9.jpg

How do I remove the adhesive plate pads? What type of tool do I need to remove these black and yellow plastic bit stuck inside the holes circled in red?

IMG_50_zpsa22f47cf.jpg

d3c68dc7-4705-4487-94d1-cbcd9d3edbfd_zps

Need suggestions and advice fot this. please help.

Toyota tend to use these nylon screws to attach number plates but they have a tendency to swell and jam over the years and will just shear off when you try and unscrew them a few years later! :(

I suspect this is why a lot of people tend to stick them on!

If they head has sheared off but there is a chunk sticking out, you can unscrew them with some pliers by painstakingly *****-twisting them bit by bit (If you just try and twist them, they often shear off even more as the bit you are twisting twists but the bit stuck in the shaft doesn't!)

If the whole thing has sheared off inside, it is very difficult; You can get special drill-bits designed to bore into snapped screws to remove them (My neighbour had a set luckily!) but otherwise they are very difficult to remove!

I had tried using my WH40k pin vice to drill two tiny holes into the screw and then use two metal skewers to try and twist it out but I was too impatient with it and made it worse!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links