Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rearguards

Duffryn

Hi to all

Just wondering if anybody's fitted Rearguard (RGM) rear bumper protector? Got a few small scratches on my cars' bumper which I would like to cover and try to protect in the future.

Toyota dealer quoted £109 to supply and fit, whereas Rearguards are about half that cost.

Presumably they're fairly easy to fit (using double-sided tape I believe), but any advice appreciated.

The OE rear bumper protectors would also fit in the same way as the Rearguards. Why not ask Parts King for a price, and fit it yourself??

I have a rear bumper protector which I fitted to protect the bumper from scratches from dogs and large boxes. Cost about £40 and fits by both sticky tape and the existing mounting bolts. However, website seems to have gone.

Check this post.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/129260-bumper-protection/#entry1149523

• 2 months later...

Had ours - 'chrome' look version - fitted as part of the Protection Pack we got in a good overall deal and that is secured by double sided tape (can't see any other, additional type of fixing).

Yep A T4, I should have done the same.

Got mudflaps, mats, side protectors, wind deflectors, chrome doorstep strips all fitted as part of the deal when I bought the car - but completely overlooked the rear bumper protector!

Duffryn,

What are the 'wind deflectors' ? - don't remember them being listed as part of the Auris PP. Otherwise: yes, ours has all of the above.

BTW: do you know if the Prius T4 is the same 'under the skin' as it were (i.e. wiring loom, ECU etc) as the Prius T Spirit ?. My interest is that I think this is true of the Auris and if it is true of the Prius it would give me more confidence that Cruise Control would work on our T4 if I splashed out on the necessary parts (I know it's got the necessary spare port behind the steering wheel boss for the cc cable to plug into). My dealer won't go beyond saying CC is not an option on the T4 but I think that is just because it's Toyota's marketing strategy to deny that it can be fitted in the hope that more people will buy the more expensive T Spirit in order to get it as an option.

Wind deflectors (as Toyota call'em) are small plastic (?) smoke-coloured strips that fit over each window - enabling one to drive with the window slightly lowered without getting draughty or wet. A lot of Far East based Japanese cars have them fitted, almost it seems as standard equipment.

Sorry don't know much about the Auris, except that my sons' girlfriend has just bought a new Auris Excel which comes with C/C fitted. The Prius T4 also has C/C fitted as standard.

Yes, I have fitted the Rearguard bumper protectors. The fit using both the 2 screws that fit the bumber on and 3m tape. They are perfectly shaped and enhance the look of the car. Personally, I think they look nicer than the Toyota ones and are very high quality.

Yes, I have fitted the Rearguard bumper protectors. The fit using both the 2 screws that fit the bumber on and 3m tape. They are perfectly shaped and enhance the look of the car. Personally, I think they look nicer than the Toyota ones and are very high quality.

Cheers, thanks for that info.