Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Speakers

fullbeam

Is there rear Speakers in the new toyota auris I tried the fader on the radio from front to back and there was no sound from the back, if you look at the rear doors they both have speaker grills I find this strange.

As with the base version of the first generation Auris, the Active has two Speakers and two tweeters in the front doors - four Speakers - whereas the other trim levels additionally have two Speakers in the rear doors.

Wouldn't make sense for the Active to have separate door cards to the rest of the range, and having speaker housings/grilles in the rear door cards makes it easier for those owners who wish to get the rear door speakers installed.

After seeing this post I checked to see if I had rear Speakers in my sport model. And I do have rear Speakers but they are the worst sounding Speakers I have heard in a long time so looking to upgrade these. Does anyone know what size the factory fit speakers are in the rear doors ?

Thanks EDDY

In the first generation Auris I believe the front and rear Speakers were the same size - 16.5cm. May well be the same with the 2nd generation. Be best to upgrade all four main Speakers, leaving the tweeters as they are. However will the standard fit audio produce enough power to get the best from upgraded Speakers?

In the first generation Auris I believe the front and rear speakers were the same size - 16.5cm. May well be the same with the 2nd generation. Be best to upgrade all four main speakers, leaving the tweeters as they are. However will the standard fit audio produce enough power to get the best from upgraded speakers?

Thanks for the reply mike I have had a look through the grill on the back doors and the speaker like you state looks the same size as the fronts. Which I have had out when fitting the sound deadning to the front doors.As for the standard unit having enough power i belive i will be ok as the fronts are going to be powered by an external amp and I just want a little rear fill from the rears but the standard did sound terrible so they do need to be changed.

EDDY

• 9 years later...

Taken me 10 years to realise no sound in back and for the dealer to take trim off to find there is no speaker.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links