Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Bought A 62 Reg Auris Hsd. A Few Questions Please.

Nonfatmarc

Hi,

I have just this morning put a deposit down on a 62 reg Auris HSD which I will pick up on the 14th September.

I was very impressed during the test drive especially when cruising at 65 MPH on a road and the instantaneous mpg reading showing 74 mpg!!

I am very excited and would like to ask a few questions if I may?

1, Is there a copy of the owners manual online (Or can anyone point me towards a PDF version) as I am keen to have a look through it as I am a bit of a geek like that.

2, Does the power display thing, that's in the instrument cluster, show you the state of the Battery charge i.e. how much Battery is left. As I didn't notice it on my test drive.

3, Does the first gen Auris come with a space saving spare wheel as I have received conflicting information?

4, Is there anything I can buy to make the boot flat. i.e. some kind of false floor? As I have a dog and it would be uncomfortable for her to lay in the current boots lower area. (Picture is of the boot from the car I am buying).

Thank you for reading.

Kind regards,

Marc

No picture attached - but see http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/13393-faq-how-to-post-images-on-toc/

The owners manual isn't available online. The nearest is Toyota's Brief Guide - see http://www.toyota.co.uk/bv/bwaftersales/downloads/brief/AURIS_HYBRID.pdf

Copy of brochure here (the specification section should answer your spare wheel question) - http://www.toyota.co.uk/bv/leads/pdfFiles/rc51833.pdf

• Like 1

As above, the manual isn't online, I looked and looked ....

The Battery charge can be shown but not in the power display - it is in the small display in the centre of the speedo. You use the 'DISP' button on the steering wheel to change the display through the various modes - and also to change some preferences

Yes, it comes with a space saver spare - well mine does and I don't think they changed that bit of the spec. I wouldn't want to be without one !

Ah, you want the boot flat ?. That is how it used to be when it first came out, a flat boot floor with two failry useless compartments underneath. Some bright person at Toyota invented the boot 'maximiser' which was initially available as an option and then introduced as standard to give more space. Depending on the size and weight of your dog it might be possible to make something to work.

Hope this helps

Peter

• Like 1

Thank you guys for your replies.

I will obviously have to wait until I get the car before I can read the owners manual although the brief guide was useful.

My dog is only a 15kg max medium sized dog so she would probably fit in the space in the lower boot but it wouldn't be comfy unless I get a mat or similar otherwise I will have to manufacturer some kind of false floor.

Thank you for your help although I bet I will have more questions when I get the car...... Can't wait!!!!

Marc

AAh, you want the boot flat ?. That is how it used to be when it first came out, a flat boot floor with two failry useless compartments underneath. Some bright person at Toyota invented the boot 'maximiser' which was initially available as an option and then introduced as standard to give more space.

When the maximizer became standard, didn't Mr T offer the flat floor as an accessory (for a fee)?

AAh, you want the boot flat ?. That is how it used to be when it first came out, a flat boot floor with two failry useless compartments underneath. Some bright person at Toyota invented the boot 'maximiser' which was initially available as an option and then introduced as standard to give more space.

When the maximizer became standard, didn't Mr T offer the flat floor as an accessory (for a fee)?

Hmm, good point .. but I don't know the answer - maybe someone like Kingo might comment as he is more likely to know.

Wouldn't surprise me if dealers didn't know - none of them had ever heard for the Yaris sat-nav blanking plate when the Tom Tom is removed although a lot of people had asked.

• 2 months later...

The dealer we got our Auris HSD T4 from said he couldn't source a cover. Now I've used it for a bit I do find it a boon and a lot less hassle than using a cargo net. Incidentally, I can't see any 'lip' around it into which such a 'floor' would fit to give a completely flat surface.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links