Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We Got One!

andyfr

Instead of getting a new Active as originally planned we got a pre-registered, delivery mileage Icon in Deep Titanium. It worked out at the same price to change but a much better spec. After driving 500 miles home I have to say we are impressed with it.

I have a few questions to ask you helpful members.

Is it possible to get rear parking sensors fitted at the dealers? I would want them colour coded to match. I know we have the rear camera but after having sensors for so long we really miss them.

Have read the huge manual but haven't seen how to get more than the 6 pre-set channels on the DAB radio, are there more than 6 available?

I noticed whilst reading the manual that there is a setting to enable auto locking when driving off, I assume it's only available on the top model as I couldn't find anything to change in that area on the settings.

I assume that there is no way to have the Stop/Start default to off? I know it's just a matter of remembering to switch it of each time but it would be nice to have it permanently off. If you are wondering why it's just that I always allow cars to tick over after a run to look after the turbo rather than shutting down immediately and we do very little town driving so would only save a teaspoon full on a tank.

According to the Toyota website rear parking sensors are available for £295 including VAT and fitting - and they are available as a dealer fit. Had rear parking sensors on both of my Auris, and they came colour coded. Auto locking isn't listed in the brochure - so don't know whether it may not be available as part of the UK spec (the manuals tend to cover several countries).

Pretty sure there is no way to disable the stop/start, aside from using the dash switch.

• Like 1

Wow - 500 mls home ? Must have been some deal to go that far Andy !!! :)

Wow - 500 mls home ? Must have been some deal to go that far Andy !!! :)

We were taking my father in law back to Sheffield anyway so not too many miles more for us to do, worked out quite well!

According to the Toyota website rear parking sensors are available for £295 including VAT and fitting - and they are available as a dealer fit. Had rear parking sensors on both of my Auris, and they came colour coded. Auto locking isn't listed in the brochure - so don't know whether it may not be available as part of the UK spec (the manuals tend to cover several countries).

Pretty sure there is no way to disable the stop/start, aside from using the dash switch.

Thanks for that. I will talk to the local dealer about getting the sensors.

Good effort. Sounds like you've ended up with the better car anyway, so job done !