Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goodbye Prius, Hello Rav4

jackw_77

Greetings! Just logged in to say that on Monday my 2012 Prius went to find another home, and I took possession of the latest RAV4. I liked both (first 2009 and then 2012) of my Prii/Priuses but after few years I wanted something completely different...

I absolutely love my new RAV4, even though it's been a few days so far... Will put some pictures in the pinned thread later, here's a quick one:

post-94164-0-14234000-1378401661_thumb.j

Offroading it already too, jack......much good health to enjoy be upon ye.

September already!

Nice one jack. It looks blue in the dusky light. Take us some more pictures so we can see it properly.

BTW, are you a lucky one with a spare wheel?

Offroading but very, very gently. Just on some patches off the country lanes and such.

The colour is Titanium Blue, it looks blue or grey or greenish, depending on the angle.

And no, there is no spare. There is a compartment for it though - in fact some YouTube reviews mention that the US versions get the spare. Why don't we?

Anyway, here are some more pictures:

post-94164-0-24405300-1378469919_thumb.j

post-94164-0-69765800-1378469955_thumb.j

post-94164-0-20447500-1378469995_thumb.j

• Like 1

Very nice ! Mrs Denshaw dragged me out the other day to look at a new Rav, although i haven't seen a titan blue one in the flesh the colour chip looked good although very similar to decuma grey. If we do order a new one it's likely to be either solid white or vermillion red, there are certainly some good deals to be had.

I've had my new Rav4 for just over a week - a pre reg 13 model in dark green with 10 miles on the clock when I bought it with £4000 off the new price ! When I was looking at the car I asked the salesman about the spare wheel and he told me it only had the tyre gunk rubbish and compressor - should have seen the look on his face when we found a space saver tyre in the back.

So far so good - reasonably comfortable,easy to drive and pretty good on diesel.Hope to keep it for several years.

• Like 2

Ah, the space saver... I would like that. All I've got is that little bag in a big space under the false floor (you could easily put the spare in there) in the boot.

Why do the Americans get the spare and we do not?

Been debated for many a while, jack.

Basically because TGB never asked for them in the original spec and now there is little or no stock of them.

• 4 weeks later...

I see, that explains it.

is there anyone you know who imports spares for the new model? Even the thin "cripple" spare would do.