Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking Of Buying 2.2 Diesel Rav4 - Advice Please

davidrc

Hi all,

I would like to buy a 2.2 diesel Rav4.

I see from the forum that the earlier engines had problems although Toyota seem to have addressed these.

Nevertheless I would like to go for the revised 150bhp version and if possible a car with the 5 year warranty.

My budget is up to about £15k.

I think the warranty was increased to 5 years in 2010 - does anyone know exactly when and how you can tell if a particular car has the warranty.

What are the servicing requirements (no point in buying for the warranty if service requirements not met).

Any common problems with cars of this age?

Thanks

The later 150BHP cars are definitely the way to go ... Plus the facelift is IMHO the best lookig af all the Ravs and that includes the 2013 models...

Not absolutely sure when the 5 year warranty came in but its worth having ! Most cars for sale around the UK are at Dealers so will be part of the approved car scheme so will have proper history or they would not be selling them.. These cars like any must be serviced properly and with the very best oil because of the DPNR which is Toyota speak for DPF...

Later cars have few if any problems as most issues have been ironed out over the evolution of the car...

A well maintained post 2010 car is spot on and I myself am looking for one to replace my current 7 year old T180...

The SR models are well equipped and come with a really nice six speed conventional Auto transmission.. A wee bit thirsty but one hell of a good and versatile car....

Im looking for a White SR from 2011 onwards with low miles and style pack....

• Like 1

The five year warranty started around the middle of 2010 I think

We had a similar approach when we decided to consolidate our two 4.2 autos for one car, given that the two cars were seriously under-used.

We wanted the security of the 5 year warranty but didn't like the 4.4 and didn't particularly want to pay new price & suffer the 1st year depreciation hit. In addition we wanted to trade two cars in against one, which isn't something that a lot of dealers will do (unless you're prepared to give them away!).

We ended up with a 12-reg DCAT auto that had almost 4 years' manufacturer's warranty remaining and which was a Toyota GB-owned car. There are quite a few of these TGB registered RAV 4.3's about if you trawl the Toyota Used car website. And you can be reasonably certain that they've been maintained properly - many are demos or TGB management cars.

• Like 1

The warranty officially came in May 2010 but there were odd ones where the dealer added it. RRG did it for me on my March 2010 RAV.

I understand I had the last new SR in the country and that was only because RRG plucked it out of a dealer down south somewhere. Kev had one of the last (I certainly think the last Dacuma Grey one) with the style pack.

5 year came in june 2010 - toyota had an offer for a few months leading up which offer 3 year servicing or a 2 year extension to the warranty

alex

So, if you go for a 60 plate onwards, there should be at least 2 years of warranty left?

Dave

So, if you go for a 60 plate onwards, there should be at least 2 years of warranty left?

Dave

My thinking exactly, buy one registered post June 10 and there will be at least nearly 2 years Toyota warranty left.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

David

Dave

My thinking exactly, buy one registered post June 10 and there will be at least nearly 2 years Toyota warranty left.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

David

P.M. sent re forthcoming Rav sale

Another one Paul?

Yes Don, before the end of October anyway, Invincible Manual for Mrs Denshaw, she's still deciding on a colour :yawn: ...very nice Sept 11 XTR with 19k miles available shortly.

Listen gang - this has the 150 engine!!!

Just nicely loosened up ! Having a 2 year/ 20k service next week then it's looking for a new home.

Shame its not an SR !!

Mrs 'D' doesn't do automatics ! Otherwise it would have been.

• Like 1

Shame its not an SR !!

http://www.arnoldclark.com/used-cars/toyota/rav-4/2.2-d-cat-sr-5dr-auto/2011-(61)/ref/arndw-u-94846/

And it's a white one !

Edit

If link goes to main page, you need to just select rav4 from drop menu.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links