Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Tyres?

Paulus17

Well we are going to be getting the new tyres soon for the Rav,and rear breaks done, but don't really want to spend a small fortune on em just in case we do part with the Rav.It is coming up to ten years old next April so although its still in fantastic condition for its age and has been trouble free the short time we have had it,TOUCH WOOD,how long can it keep going trouble free for.??

The tyres fitted are the originals,Bridgestones, from new,as is the spare,so is it worth getting the Bridgestones again and hope they last another ten years,but will the Rav last that long??

So which of http://www.blackcircles.com/order/tyres/search'>THESE tyres to go for?

We had new Falkens on the first Rav and they seemed ok but we didn't keep that one too long so don't know how they would have been longer term?

Well, the General Grabber UHP is a good quality tyre and popular on the RAV4.2

Never worth skimping on tyres as they are your only contact with the ground (hopefully!) :):

Im loving my new Hankook Ventus S/T;s, cheaper than big brand names, nice looking tyre and wear well, just got them on my 4.3 and had them on my 4.1 too, lasted ages.

I have had two sets of Toyos whih each lasted 26k. Now have Michelin Latitude Tour which have done 38k and have about another 5k in them.

Excellent in mud, snow, wet , motorway .

Well, the General Grabber UHP is a good quality tyre and popular on the RAV4.2

:):

I've got those GG's on my 4.2. Seem fine but they are directional (unlike earlier?) now so for those of us with a full size spare I feel it is a bit of a compromise.

Paul I have a brilliant source of tyres if you can make your way down to Worcester....

Just sort out which brand and model you want and let me know ? I can at least get you a price ? As for brakes I will pop in a set of discs and or pads for you if you can make it a Sunday morning ? Again best you come here so I have access to any tools and kit I need,,,,

• Like 1

Hey Charlie, without hijacking thread, can you also source good price Winters?

Yes mate but the supplier is an old school place and would not do post... I tried to source some tyres for a guy on the Jag forum but Simon would only supply if they were fitted or picked up from his depot in Upton upon severn Worcestershire...

Paul I have a brilliant source of tyres if you can make your way down to Worcester....Just sort out which brand and model you want and let me know ? I can at least get you a price ? As for brakes I will pop in a set of discs and or pads for you if you can make it a Sunday morning ? Again best you come here so I have access to any tools and kit I need,,,,

Stonking offer Charlie. Might I suggest a price from The Consumer of Pies, but also look at Apec pads......very good results?

Thanks for the replies folks much appreciated :thumbsup:

Charlie-PM sent mukka.

Well folks we have decided to keep with the Bridgstone Duelars as they have lasted so well,but there seems to be so many variants of them making a decision confusing,so which ones do we need for the Rav?

Cheers.

Forgot to say the link on the first post doesn't seem to have worked which was showing what BCs had.

Well folks we have decided to keep with the Bridgstone Duelars as they have lasted so well,but there seems to be so many variants of them making a decision confusing,so which ones do we need for the Rav?

Cheers.

Forgot to say the link on the first post doesn't seem to have worked which was showing what BCs had.

Above question is partly from me as my mans (Simon) price is lower than Paul has been quoted but not by as large amount as I thought it could/would be,,,,

There seem to be so many variants of the Dueler so giving the right information to the tyre men should produce the right prices....

Mine had Yokohama Geolandars (original G91's). Good tyres in snow etc but didn't last as good as some others. Front end needed two new tyres last month, so ended up with a pair of Yokohama Geolandar G-012 ATS instead.

Nice aggressive looking tyre but nice and quiet (IMO) on the road and comes with 9mm of tread (as my MOT pass doc has just confirmed!)

Dave

Thanks Dave.

Just been looking at the Yoko onos and they do look a nice chunky tyre,so another one to consider. :thumbsup:

Cheers.

Hi Paul,

If its any help, the Bridgstone Duellers I'm on are the D687 235/60R16 100H.

Very happy with them, much quieter than the previous Goodyear Wranglers, which got very noisy after around 20k miles and also tram-lined so badly I thought the tracking was out. The local tyre shop recommended the Duellers because their "less aggressive" tread pattern should be quieter, and he was right. Both the Goodyears & the original Toyo's lasted around 40k per set (I rotated all 5 every 3k miles, per the handbook), and though it's a bit early yet, the Bridgstone's are still looking good after 10k.

Cheers,

Bob

Cheers.

Hi Paul,

Very happy with them, much quieter than the previous Goodyear Wranglers, which got very noisy after around 20k miles and also tram-lined so badly I thought the tracking was out. The local tyre shop recommended the Duellers because their "less aggressive" tread pattern should be quieter, and he was right. Both the Goodyears & the original Toyo's lasted around 40k per set (I rotated all 5 every 3k miles, per the handbook), and though it's a bit early yet, the Bridgstone's are still looking good after 10k.

Cheers,

Bob

Ditto Paul.

We used exactly the same fitment as Bob on our last 4.2 for 11 years (obviously not the original set!) and they were excellent. Good wear and performed great in all conditions including those two recent Siberian winters that we had.

Another tyre that performed very well (on my 3-dr 4.2) is the Cooper CS4 Touring. Low noise, nice tread and excellent wear.

I've also heard very good reports of the Conti CrossTracks but circs have always conspired against me getting a set as yet.

where abouts in Warwickshire are you? got a couple of contacts around here

Alex

I am in Birmingham Alex.

Thanks folks.

Jim i think you have said about your tyres before but i forget :wacko:

I phoned our local Toyota dealer yesterday and have booked the Rav in for a free check over which will include the breaks and tyres and was told the price quoted back in May is parts and labour.We will have the same Bridgstones but the updated versions fitted.So i think we will take it from there and see what they say. :thumbsup:

It may be too late for you Paul, but I recently fitted Michelin Lattitudes to the front of my 4.2, and they are really good, quiet and supposedly economical, and worth a look.

Cheers.

Hi Paul,

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob i missed your post,sorry.

Yes the BDs do seem to get good reviews and are in our price range,well the ones Toyota have quoted us for so will check which ones they are when we go along.

where abouts in Warwickshire are you? got a couple of contacts around here

Alex

I am in Birmingham Alex.

Thanks folks.

Jim i think you have said about your tyres before but i forget :wacko:

I phoned our local Toyota dealer yesterday and have booked the Rav in for a free check over which will include the breaks and tyres and was told the price quoted back in May is parts and labour.We will have the same Bridgstones but the updated versions fitted.So i think we will take it from there and see what they say. :thumbsup:

no worries, if you were in Stratford or Coventry I might have been able to help

Alex

Thanks Dave.

Just been looking at the Yoko onos and they do look a nice chunky tyre,so another one to consider. :thumbsup:

Here's a pic

post-98117-0-07481400-1379193266_thumb.j

One off my favourite topics is tyre ones. It's so interesting to see everyone's take on them and personal preferences. I'm not a fan of the chunky look variety and prefer a more performance type road tyre. Before I sold my XT-R 4.3.5 I had fitted Goodyear EfficientGrip SUV XLs and was very impressed with them. Quiet and responsive. Very good in the wet. Matched with my MTEC grooved disks stopping was also better then OEM.

My new RAV Invincible has come with the Bridgestone Duellers. Not a fan of them. But will need to keep them on for a year until I can change them out. Still researchingy options for my winter tyres though and it's a toss up now between the highly rated but expensive Goodyear Ultragrip 8 @ £162 or the Cheaper Falken HS 449 @ £121. Most likely be the Goodyears.

One off my favourite topics is tyre ones. It's so interesting to see everyone's take on them and personal preferences. I'm not a fan of the chunky look variety and prefer a more performance type road tyre. Before I sold my XT-R 4.3.5 I had fitted Goodyear EfficientGrip SUV XLs and was very impressed with them. Quiet and responsive. Very good in the wet. Matched with my MTEC grooved disks stopping was also better then OEM.

My new RAV Invincible has come with the Bridgestone Duellers. Not a fan of them. But will need to keep them on for a year until I can change them out. Still researchingy options for my winter tyres though and it's a toss up now between the highly rated but expensive Goodyear Ultragrip 8 @ £162 or the Cheaper Falken HS 449 @ £121. Most likely be the Goodyears.

I,ve got Yokohama W Drives and very impressed. They are significantly quieter than the OE Bridgestones.