Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tns510 Satnav Map Update.

bokkie

Ours has the maps on a removable SD card. I'm not really bothered about updating them but has anyone ever got hold of an updated SD card? I can't find a price listed anywhere and sure as eggs is eggs any upgrade won't be free? If it's cheap enough I might, but if it's eye-popping, then no. :-)

A mew SD update for 20012/2013 western Europe is £136

The map data is encrypted with the SD cards manufacturers serial number. So no chance of copying. You can however copy a file from it called Loading.kiwi which is the operating system and which if copied to a blank under 4gb SD card lets you use the radio functions etc. note if you loose your Sd card and disconnect your Battery, your tns510 or 350 will be dead in the water

David

No but you have to ensure that when power is first reapplied that you let the TNS unit lost the software without being disturbed.

Fish

Dan

I think you meant "let the Tns load the software without being disturbed"

Normally, you would re-connect the Battery and put the ignition on first position and wait for the tns to load the operating system which is indicated by a yellow progress bar. Only when its finished loading should you start the engine. If you buy a new map card, you can simply (whilst off) take out the old card and put in the new one

David

Thank you gentlemen. I will look on shytebay and see what's available and how much.