Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Accelerator Return To Idle

rushy45

Hi, I bought a Auris 1.33 TR 2009, had it about a month, the thing that is spoiling this car for me is the slow return to idle, the pedal is not sticking but especially in low gears you get a rev in between gears, sounds like you cant drive proper, like a learner might do, I told them at the main dealer where I bought it from, they said its normal and I would get used to it, its not bad but really annoying, does anyone know if it is normal or is the mechanics fobbing me off, I have drove cars for 40 years and never had one that does this, if this is normal will just keep it till next spring then px it. Thanks.. Mike

When I test drove the 1.33 the accelerator characteristic was one of the first things I noticed. Its because its a "drive by wire" system (no direct mechanical connection between pedal and throttle body) and also to do with the way the engine management is programmed (for economy and driveability). There's absolutely nothing wrong and I can almost promise you that you'll not give it a moments thought after a while.

My 2009 Auris did the same - it is something you get used to. Don't notice it in my 2012 Auris, which undoubtedly has the same characteristic.

My 1.6 Petrol does the same, I think there have been other posts on here about it.

I agree that it must sound to pedestrians as though you can't drive properly!

Supposed to be something to do with emissions I believe, but don't understand what it actually does to help that.

Even does it on the 58 plate 1.6SR from new. You slowly get used to it but it's still annoying at times

• 1 month later...

Hi, Just thought I would update this thread.. I had to have a new Battery fitted couple of days ago, because removing Battery resets the computer ecu the accelerator is much improved, it still does it but its about 50% better, so if yours is really bad try disconnecting Battery and see if it improves, regards... Mike