Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Into Its 19Th Year !

bothwell_buyer

Well, thats number 1 RAV and number 2 RAV into their 19th year.

Number 1 has just passed its MOT this week after a spell off the road getting a rollover cage fitted, and then a variety of smaller bits of work to tidy up the wiring loom; balancing brake discs. Its being road-tested as part of optimising the tuning, given that the car has a programmable ECU system. Gone back to 245/45 tyres with a new set of DARE 18" wheels. Still have a second set with narrower lower profile wheels which I can use on the drag strip lol !

Number 2 will be treated to another gearbox - its 4th - an exhaust system and a few checks around the car although its being used daily at the moment. When that goes into the garage, no more back seat passengers as number 1 only has 2 seats !

Anyone else still running around in a 1994 RAV4 ?

• Like 1

Well, thats number 1 RAV and number 2 RAV into their 19th year.

Number 1 has just passed its MOT this week after a spell off the road getting a rollover cage fitted, and then a variety of smaller bits of work to tidy up the wiring loom; balancing brake discs. Its being road-tested as part of optimising the tuning, given that the car has a programmable ECU system. Gone back to 245/45 tyres with a new set of DARE 18" wheels. Still have a second set with narrower lower profile wheels which I can use on the drag strip lol !

Number 2 will be treated to another gearbox - its 4th - an exhaust system and a few checks around the car although its being used daily at the moment. When that goes into the garage, no more back seat passengers as number 1 only has 2 seats !

Anyone else still running around in a 1994 RAV4 ?

Hi Bothy,

when I saw your RAV it looked as though it would go on forever, however I'm reminded of the broom that had 6 new heads and 5 new handles. Keep 'em going though - I'm determined to get to Craile at some stage :thumbsup:

There is a picture of me somewhere on here sitting in one of those inter Continental missiles.............waiting to be launched :sick:

Kingo :thumbsup:

There is a picture of me somewhere on here sitting in one of those inter continental missiles.............waiting to be launched :sick:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Was that the day Bothy's insurance demanded he reduce the power to weight ratio.........?

hope my rav4 will reach this age.

You have to remember that they are a Rav in name only, engines replaced by jet propulsion units, sometimes fuelled by the passengers reaction to the take off, pure methane :)

Gus

Haha

Number 1 is still running the same turbo engine as was installed after its old original engine gave up - but it is the original bodyshell, gearbox and transmission, rear diff and driveshafts. Even the rear brakes are still drumbrakes! OK - the suspension has been re-worked but the rear trailing arms are original....springs replaced as the old ones had broken over the years. And it still has the original 3 doors !!! Must admit its had about 5 windscreens over the time - hitting low flying jets half the time.

Number 2 again - same replacement turbo engine, but gearbox changed a few times and the clutch. Same rear diff, and the bodyshell is almost as original with original seats and full dashboard - wow !

Hanging onto them as they may be needed in Scotlands Airforce, should independence break out.

Thanks for all the comments. :thumbsup:

It's amazing to know that you have kept them going so well so long. Great achievement. My first RAV was bought in 1975 and my second in 1977. Wonder if they are still on the road somewhere.

RAV1.jpg

offroad-4-1.jpg

Rav-1.jpg

There is a purity about these models that the newer ones are sadly lacking.

The greens a nice colour - haven't seen many of them about. And I think you mean 1995 ??

The greens a nice colour - haven't seen many of them about. And I think you mean 1995 ??

Lol yes. Very senior moment there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well - thats me got number 1 RAV back now - complete with rollover cage and the interior stripped out. New Sparco seats, harnesses and generally tidied up.

Re-tuned and a thorough check after months off the road.

Tried it out yesterday for the local shopping with the missus, and she swears she'll take the bus next time - RESULT !

The car is better than ever... absolutely flying along!!!

The removeable steering wheel is a laugh.... get out of the car carrying the wheel lol!!

Number 2 is in the garage for another gearbox now, and a general overhaul of minor things like an oil leak, front brakes, and a service.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links