Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Misting Up?

SR180BOB

Hi everyone, my sr180 seems to mist up really easy and its really annoying as I keep having to press ac button to clear it. I was just wondering if anyone else is the same and would people recommend to help prevent this.

Thanks guys

There is the following topic which dates back to 2008: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/84014-front-windscreen-misting-up/?hl=%2Bwindscreen+%2Bmisting

Another thought - what condition is the air con filter in?

Just checked filter its filthy and damp, I will get a new one and see ifit helps. I had my car serviced at toyota main dealer in march and I'm surprised it wasn't replaced then, should it be a service item?

Another cause can actually be selectively using the aircon. Once you use the aircon the evaporator and its housing get literally wet through from the condensation (that's normal and its that condensation that drains off leaving a puddle under the car) Turn the aircon off or use the car the next day without aircon and the incoming air is actually chilled slightly and picks up moisture as it passes through the still wet but non functioning evaporator and housing. The result is instant misting of the windows if the outside (glass) temperature is low enough.

I always use the AC all the time tbh.

Think Toyota recommend the air con filters are changed when the full service is due (every two years) or as needed. Changing the filter is at extra cost, certainly with the fixed price servicing scheme.