Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Prius+ Ta On The Radio

antrat

Picked up my new Prius+ 7 days ago. Great looking and a car in blue and fantastic to drive. Have done 1100 miles already and I am not a taxi driver! My niggling problem is the radio. I drive around the M25 and listen to the radio with the Traffic Announcement turned on to pickup any issues I may encounter on my drive. After I have listened a number ot these from different radio stations I want to mute them when they kick in. Question is HOW? I have resorted to turning the radio off and back on again. My previous car had a a TA button and this would stop the TA and return to the radio. I have pressed all the buttons I can find on the steering wheel, and there are many, without success. Anyone got a solution other than turn the radio off and back on again?

If you are on the map screen press the map button on the radio, if you are on the media screen, showing the radio station presets, touch the station you were listening to.

Also, if you are listening to media (e.g. USB) pressing the media button will stop the TA and go back to the media.

This annoys me like mad on my CT200h, with no TA button, like Sanzomat says, if you have USB/Bluetooth streaming or CD playing, pressing the media button once or twice clears the traffic report, but if you have the radio on my CT also has a RADIO button and pressing that twice (not too quckly) sets it back also. not sure if the Prius + has this?

If you are on the map screen press the map button on the radio, if you are on the media screen, showing the radio station presets, touch the station you were listening to.

I tried this and it doesn't work for me. When the screen is showing the map, pressing the map button during a TA announcement does nothing. The only way I've found to stop the TA whilst on map view is to press media button twice (once to go back to media screen and again to go back to playing the usb) then map again to go back to map. I've not tried cancelling whilst the radio is playing though.

Might be a difference between the JBL on yours and the pleb version on my T4 (Nav)

• 2 weeks later...

I do have the T4 with upgraded Touch and Go. Tried every button to turn off TA. The only solution is Turn OFF the radio and back on again.

Oh for a TA cancel button on the Steering Wheel!

We live close to the border of three counties, and frequently pick up traffic announcements from those we don't wish to hear at present.

In my Husband's Volvo he simply presses the red telephone symbol on his steering wheel, and the TA broadcast ends. No need to remove hands from the wheel, nor press anything twice or look at menus to see what you are doing. Very simple.

So it's very frustrating to have to use these other time-consuming processes in my Prius, involving hand/eye coordination away from the road and the steering wheel, in order to cancel a simple TA message.

Toyota really should be looking into this. It doesn't have to be linked to a telephone system, just a simple cancel TA button somewhere easily accessible will do, like on the steering wheel.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links