Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Robbed

atkiman

Just waiting for the window people to come and fit a new paasenger window, had the pleasure of watching some scroat break into my iq on cctv. 3:30 am busted the the window and had it away with my armrest/storage box.bet he laughed outrageously on finding my reading and spare glasses in it. Needless to say w e've recovered them all , including the box. Thought the alarm would have gone off like our rav , but the iq doesn'nt have interior movement sensors.

So here I sit 75 squid down on a window, and looking for a geezer on a mountain bike. Police are trying to clean up the nice face shot I have

Really sorry to here about that, thank goodness for cctv though. Hope the police can identify him.

Some scroat has keyed Missus Kingo's Corolla, and we live in the countryside grrrrrr

Peeved of Cheshire

Sorry to hear that, I had a similar experience a few years ago in a Mazda. The police couldn't have been less interested

Were the deadlocks on ? Not that that would have stopped them leaning in.

On an associated note. I continue to be amazed at how useless cctv images are. If they cannot resolve facial features ( in all lighting conditions) they are to my mind practically useless. This describes 99% of images posted from cctv in the media in order to get the public to help identify criminals.

Your experience seems typical. You have a video of a blur breaking into your car. It matches all those blurred faces we see carrying out robberies on the news.

Sorry to hear that, I had a similar experience a few years ago in a Mazda. The police couldn't have been less interested

Were the deadlocks on ? Not that that would have stopped them leaning in.

On an associated note. I continue to be amazed at how useless cctv images are. If they cannot resolve facial features ( in all lighting conditions) they are to my mind practically useless. This describes 99% of images posted from cctv in the media in order to get the public to help identify criminals.

Your experience seems typical. You have a video of a blur breaking into your car. It matches all those blurred faces we see carrying out robberies on the news.

no blurred image, a nice deliberate look into my neighbours van with a torch, then he turned around and looked straight at my house , then a nice deliberate look into the RAV and a duck down to avoid a passing car, then a search of the iq, then he went back for his bike, then he broke in. got a good look at his bike and clothing as well.

must be something interesting , the police have done door to doors questioning, card drops etc. they never showed this much interest when i had a camera nicked, just a crime number that time straight away, and no visit.

i have my suspicions where the s**t lives.

fyi you cant see the red security light in the dark from outside the iq looking into it from the passenger side, bet thats what got him excited. got a mirror on it now

tony

Sorry I misunderstood. if the image is clear enough for you to identify the thief what are plod doing cleaning up images and dropping cards through letter boxes? Particularly if you think you know when he lives. ( I assume you mean exactly not roughly)

Are the iQ and the stolen items covered in prints ?

Surely a collar should have been felt by now.

It's a sad day when some theiving git decides they want what you have. Hope the wee !Removed! has his knuckles rapped, with a baseball bat. Just ten fingers broken to teach him a lesson, hands off other people's property! If you do know where he lives, nick his bike -although that's probably nicked too. Best of luck getting plod to come through on this one for you.

Thats not good news. Sorry to here that.

Takes me back to when people on here were debating where to put their 'stuff'. Some were making armrests or buying ones to fit, others were making purses I remember saying at the time, unless a prospective thief can see you have nothing then your car is at potential risk. I never leave anything of any value at all on display or in a container that you cant see into. I even keep "stuff" in the door panels, below viewing height. Maybe its because i was born in Hackney east London

David

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Upon some reflection on the above post info I think it would be useful for the flashing IQ alarm light to be more visable from outside the car, mine is recessed into the dash display and not that obvious.

I guess it could be relocated / extended into a better position if I had the time and patience to take the dash apart and extend it to a better position.

Upon some reflection on the above post info I think it would be useful for the flashing IQ alarm light to be more visable from outside the car, mine is recessed into the dash display and not that obvious.

I guess it could be relocated / extended into a better position if I had the time and patience to take the dash apart and extend it to a better position.

Quite right, I now put a mirror on the steering wheel to reflect the light so that it can be seen from the front and nearside.also put the centre storage box in the back at night out of sight and a sign on the window saying'no items of value left in this vehicle'.

Tony

Quite right, I now put a mirror on the steering wheel to reflect the light so that it can be seen from the front and nearside.also put the centre storage box in the back at night out of sight and a sign on the window saying'no items of value left in this vehicle'.

Tony

Good Idea Tony, I have CCTV stickers on my IQ plus another sign stating that anyone attempting to break in will be "shot on sight" !

5000v cattle fence device on the bodywork

David

Well David, in South Africa there are anti hi jack systems that shoot flames out from under the car if anyone tries to get in ! I just used to use a 9mm para plus CS gas and pepper spray linked to a butane torch that sent any unwanted people running off ! Have a nice day !