Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sr180 Turbo On 2.0

smudge-1991

Another way is instead of replacing just use a boost bleed valve: http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/turbo-bleed-valve. This gets installed between the inlet manifold and the cars boost sensor (if memory serves) and it bleeds some of the pressure off going to the boost gauge to make the turbo spin up more (again if memory serves)

You are only bleeding it too the sensor. I'll double check when I can and post back.

Edit:

I use these guys for a lot of stuff for mods. Try watching this to give you a better idea of how and where to install a bleed valve:

You will need a boost gauge as well: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/150466-boost-gauge-fitting/

• 3 months later...

Ok so I have got my hands on a manual bleed valve fitted to a mates supra and bought a gauge and the bleed valve does work not all that great but for a freebie it ain't bad from just under 20 psi to 22 psi could go higher but I don't want to make the turbo spike and knacker it

2 psi on a diesel you won't see much, if any, difference (my boost gauge already reads 22psi at full boost). If that was on a petrol you May see more difference. Try running an obd scanner as well (if you have one) and keep an eye on things whilst increasing boost. And where did you fit the bleed valve.

Fitted and just open was 22 psi and it is a noticeable kick ... After crimbo I'm gonna play a bit I have heard people that are running a steady 27 psi in foreign models ( Australia mainly ) ... I will take photos on fitment place and make a thread about how to fit one

• Like 1