Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mot From Toyota - Worth It?

JB0

Is it worth getting MOT done by Toyota garage?

I hear that toyota will have a more strict criteria when it comes to passing the MOT. Is this true?

As regards the MOT, if a Toyota dealer has a qualified MOT tester then the MOT Tester will adhere to Dept of Transport guidelines rather than Toyota's.

Sometimes with main dealers they contract out their MOT testing to a separate MOT testing station. For example with the Mazda 2 we had up to last year, all servicing was done by the main dealer and MOT tests were conducted by a separate service centre and the certificates issued in the service centre's name (the same dealer group owned the separate service centre and it occupied part of the same site as the dealer's five franchises).

On my 2009 Auris I had the 3 year service/first MOT done by the supplying dealer - no problems.

Sometimes Local Authorities operate MOT testing centres, so if you're after a properly independent/impartial MOT done, it may be worth finding out whether your Local Authority offers these facilities. Repairs would need to be done elsewhere.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links