Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Avensis 09 To Present Day

Deakin

Hi everyone have not been on for quite a while, had the coolant loss problem with my 07 avensis 2.0D4D and was told that the head could not be skimmed,but it could be polished and a fitted with a new gasket at a cost of £1200 to £1400 so i decided it was not worth the money,and bought one of the older 04 2.0d4d models to tide me over because they are near enough bullet proof and i am a taxi driver and cant afford to be off the road.My problem is that i need to change the car again and do not want to be buying a new avensis if i am going to have the same problem again and according to my mechanic who worked with toyota up untill a couple of years ago,he said that toyota have not changed this engine can anyone verify this?,would they not have to modify it in some way so this would fix this ongoing problem.Thanks for any replys Deakin.

According to the following post - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/132178-charliefarlies-guide-to-the-toyota-2ad-diesel-engine-and-its-issues/ - the affected D4D engines in the Avensis were produced up to February 2009.

Cheers frosty so the Toyota changed thte engine from 09 onwardards then do they have any other issues that i should know about ?what about the clutch is it solid flywheel.Thanks Deakin.

Cheers frosty so the Toyota changed thte engine from 09 onwardards then do they have any other issues that i should know about ?what about the clutch is it solid flywheel.Thanks Deakin.

No its the same engine 1ad-ftv

list of engines in the T27.

• 1.6-litre 1ZR-FAE 97 kW (130 hp)
  • 1.8-litre 2ZR-FAE 108 kW (145 hp)
  • 2.0-litre 3ZR-FAE 112 kW (150 hp)
  • 2.0-litre D-4D 1AD-FTV 93 kW (125 hp)
  • 2.2-litre D-4D 2AD-FTV 110 kW (148 hp)
  • 2.2-litre D-4D 2AD-FHV 130 kW (174 hp)

Well then if its the same engine as the facelift 07 to 09 its going to have that problem with the head gasket that i have been talking about,so why buy another one?.

The 09> engines are the same engine code but modified internals

Kingo :thumbsup:

flywheel is dual mass - pretty much all modern manual diesels are.

Thanks for the reply Heidfirst but i thought that Toyota had changed back to the solid flywheel because of all the bother with the dualmass clutches.

Parts King what do you mean when you say modified internals have they changed anything about this engine or is the head gasket going to blow when i get to 80,000 or 90,000 again like the last 2.0d4d that i owned?.Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the reply Heidfirst but i thought that Toyota had changed back to the solid flywheel because of all the bother with the dualmass clutches.

No. It's a DMF

You can never say never to anything but it is unlikely to have a head gasket issue on later models

Kingo :thumbsup: