Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T180 To 2011 Xtr And Surplus Wheels.

TIBO

Well we've gone and done it now!

Originally bought a T180 then found this forum. Liked the car but found living with the run flats and potential engine problems worrying. So I swapped the wheels for a nice set of Wolfrace ones and wired in the switch as recommended. What a difference.

As has been said before by others, the best mod you can do to a 180.

Worrier that I am, we lived with the 180 far a few months but eventually decided to swap for a 2011 Tryrol Silver XTR.

So back on with the run flats for the trade in and store the Wolfrace in the shed for now.

We are probably going to put the wolfrace wheels on the XTR so will look to dispose of 3 the original wheels with tyres keeping one for a spare.

Question - Can I use this Forum to advertise them for sale?

Well we've gone and done it now!

Originally bought a T180 then found this forum. Liked the car but found living with the run flats and potential engine problems worrying. So I swapped the wheels for a nice set of Wolfrace ones and wired in the switch as recommended. What a difference.

As has been said before by others, the best mod you can do to a 180.

Worrier that I am, we lived with the 180 far a few months but eventually decided to swap for a 2011 Tryrol Silver XTR.

So back on with the run flats for the trade in and store the Wolfrace in the shed for now.

We are probably going to put the wolfrace wheels on the XTR so will look to dispose of 3 the original wheels with tyres keeping one for a spare.

Question - Can I use this Forum to advertise them for sale?

I think you have to pay the subscription to be able to advertise and then they would have to be in the right section but its pretty relaxed here so you may be al right.. Not absolutely sure though...

Wouldnt it be easier to sell all 4 as a set? nobody really wants 3 wheels. sell all for, pick up a steel wheel and 1 tyre for a spare

Alex

You can't place an advert no but if you were to discreetly invite pm's from interested party's I can't see a problem.

I personally think you are mad not keeping the OE wheels. Replacement wheels have to look just so to avoid it looking boy racer-ish but in any case you could fit winter tyres to them. There isn't many places a RAV won't go with winter tyres or at least until it well and truly beaches.

BTW, how do you think the 150 compares with the 180?

Agree with Don, put some winter tyres on the spare wheels, sell the old tyres if there is any life in them, and hope you have a snowy winter to have some fun in!! :driving:

Being such a wee peaceful chap, I agree with everybody as usual. Either sell all 4 and acquire any kinda spare, or run the tyres down on them and replace with a winter set. I was first to poo poo winter tyres until I put on to wife's 3 door Rav......stunning cold wet weather performance, albeit not so much snow to play in last year as two years ago.

Having said all that, the Rav really is extremely sure footed on normal boots too.......you need to decide between monies in or monies oot........seemples.....alloys are selling for duffer prices so be warned.

Thank you for the replies so far - interesting reading.

We chose the Wolfrace wheels with care, not to look like a boy racer. They are of the six spoke variety and not too different from the standard Toyota ones also the missus likes them - bonus!

Living in the south of the country we don't feel then need for winter tyres, the old Grand Vitara we had managed quite nicely in the snow with it's normal tyres and I would expect the Rav to cope likewise and we are not into off roading. I know the winters might get worse but we live in a village and can walk to work/shops etc.

I could offer all four EO wheels for sale as a set but my thinking was... who would need a set of four EO's? I would have thought there might be a few forum members who would welcome an EO spare especially for those that tow.

Don - 150 engine not quite as lively as the 180 but quick enough for me and seems more economical although we are still monitoring that, the extra bodywork trim of the 180 is missed but we like the alcantara seats better than the full leather.

Don't miss the sunroof or the run flats!

Who would want 4 OE wheels....? People who have read even me wax lyrical about winter tyres, Paul, and have settled north of That Carlisle.........

Who would want 4 OE wheels....? People who have read even me wax lyrical about winter tyres, Paul, and have settled north of That Carlisle.........

Winter tyres aren't just good in snow - they come into their own in temperatures below 6 or 7 degrees [which it dropped to here in Gloucestershire the other night] and are a revelation in wet conditions where the increased grip is very noticeable Paul.

Winter tyres aren't just good in snow - they come into their own in temperatures below 6 or 7 degrees [which it dropped to here in Gloucestershire the other night] and are a revelation in wet conditions where the increased grip is very noticeable Paul.

Agree totally ! The other thing with winter tyres is that they are not just for snow. Below 6 degrees they will outperform any all weather or summer tyres..

My car is still on the winter tyres from last year.. The are Vredestien Wintrac extremes and one of the things that drew me to that particular tyre was the reputation for giving very high mileage whether winter or not.. The tyres have done nearly 20K miles now and are not yet half worn.

Winter tyres are a revelation in poor conditions whether wet or snow/slush whatever.. I am totally sold on them BUT..... Things have changed for me now and I no longer rely on tyres helping me with those very long drives up and down to Scotland.. If I'm absolutely honest I would buy a top grade all weather tyre now..

What I'm saying is if the driver has long or essential journeys.. Or lives in areas where winter is at its worst then winter tyres are IMHO an absolute must.. No question.. For those who can stay at home on the odd and lets face it it is odd occasions when snow hits hard then two sets of tyres and wheels may no be so important..

• Like 1

In a few years when I retire, I will hang up my winter tyres and lock the house doors at the first sign of snow. For now I see them as a very good insurance policy for cold/wet/snowy weather.

UNLESS........ I feel like playing :spiteful::spiteful::spiteful:

Here is my thinking..........when snow comes, or cold icy wet days, I can take wife's winter equipped £5000.00 Rav and happily let some not so equipped person slide into it instead of my £26k Rav. Works for my wee brain.......

• Like 1

You'll do for me. I don't know if this little Daihatsu knows what it has got itself into but it too will be the sacrificial target in all but blizzard conditions. I'm a bit worried I have become somewhat OCD about that SR. I won't even bring it out in the rain these days.

• Like 1

Here is my thinking..........when snow comes, or cold icy wet days, I can take wife's winter equipped £5000.00 Rav and happily let some not so equipped person slide into it instead of my £26k Rav. Works for my wee brain.......

I've come across your type before ! I bet you send the Wife downstairs in the dead of night when there's a suspicious noise !

• Like 1

I've come across your type before ! I bet you send the Wife downstairs in the dead of night when there's a suspicious noise !
Or a bucking furglar climbing out the window with the telly......
  • Like 1

And in the eventuality I suspect Little Mrs Kev would turn your golf clubs into garden sculptures. I shudder to think what she would do with your balls :eek:

You will wander off while I'm under your car.

What was this thread about?

You will wander off while I'm under your car.

What was this thread about?

Who knows!?

Keep all 4 OEM wheels for sure. At sale-time, People (and especially dealers) expect standard wheels and no matter how nice the after market ones may be, they will reduce the value of the car by around the cost of 4 standard alloys until the car is many years old (not least as non-OEM wheels will usually attract an insurance premium)

Ref Winter Tyres ... Just started to refurbish my scrapyard purchase of 4 alloys in readiness for winter tyres in next month or so so I can keep the original (and delicate diamond cut) ones safe - but bought PSA group wheels so they can still classify as OEM.

i got a full set of sr180 alloys with 235 55 r18 bridgestone dueller ht 687 for sale also parcel shelf off same 2008 reg if any one interested pm me.

For goodness sake, is that supposed to be discreet? You've got until bed time tonight to make it considerably more discreeter (is that a word Kev?).

i got a full set of sr180 alloys with 235 55 r18 bridgestone dueller ht 687 for sale also parcel shelf off same 2008 reg if any one interested pm me.

For goodness sake, is that supposed to be discreet? You've got until bed time tonight to make it considerably more discreeter (is that a word Kev?).

Discreter is the correct spelling, and one can omit the "more" part.....superfluous and grammatically poor......

A word sometimes used in the Wild West to, per se, describe a dead rattlesnake........"discreter is a goner...."

Tess Auris (subtle wan....)

discreter is a goner

Exactly what that post will be if it still looks exactly like a Daily Telegraph advert by the end of the day.

sorry didnt mean to upset anyone.

Didn't upset me Daz, don't worry but we bin adverts from none members so you have to whisper your fare not shout it from the roof tops. Can I suggest to members that if they are intrigued by your first post or the thread title that they contact Darrel by pm?

Well its seems my original topic went off thread a bit and caused a discussion ref the merits of winter tyres (amongst other things). Decision made though - I am going to use my wolfrace wheels and dispose of the others. PM's invited if anyone is interested in a genuine spare. (is that discreet enough Don?)