Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Bag Indicator

Teddyteddy

Few months ago the Air-bag indicator light flashed,.discovered loose wires under passenger seat, taped it up,.flashing stopped. however the Air-bag indicator has started flashing again, although this time I can not see any loose connections, is it safe to drive car? Id be grateful for any help with this, thanks.

I cannot comment on whether the car is safe to drive - nobody will advise on that from a long distance.

I suggest you keep looking for loose wiring under both seats and anywhere else you can trace the wiring. I had a similar problem with a Renault Megane and ended up removing the seats to check the wiring. I pulled apart the connectors and re-connected them a few times, looked around for broken or damaged wiring and couldn't find anything.

I put the seats back, switched on and started the car - the airbag lights went out and stayed off. The problem disappeared and never came back.

Hopefully someone with exceptional Aygo experience will be along soon to help you. Good luck...

Hi,.thanks for taking time to reply,.ill do a more thorough check of the wiring, hopefully find the problem,.thanks again.

perhaps spraying the connectors with contact spray before re connecting will help?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links