Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

6X Beeps When Put In Reverse. Mmt

Nu Nu

Hello. This is my first post. Hello all,

I purchased a Aygo Fire MMT 2013 in June from my local Toyota garage with 4 miles on the clock.

Can someone please tell me IF I'm doing something wrong and if so what.

When I put my car in reverse sometimes (say 1 out of 10) it can beep upto 6 times clicking from N-R on the speed dial. I ensure I have come to a stop and wait a few seconds before putting it in reverse but there's no rhyme or reason as to why this happens.

I'm pretty sure it must be me as I went away for a week an the car went back to Toyota who tested it everyday (I know they did as 16 miles went on the clock...not that I checked) and of course it didn't happen when they had it BUT the day I brought it home it did. Typical.

I don't know IF this is anything serious or just the car telling me to not try hurrying it by taking it out of E and putting it in R to fast.

Should you take the time to reply. THANK YOU

I drove for 9 years prior to my Aygo a Yaris Verso Auto so I'm used to a auto engine.

Welcome to the club, I have a aygo sport MMT, it does beep in reverse buy only once, I've had it four years it's always done it .

my aygo mmt only beeps once when put into reverse and i have no problem with the car.

• 2 weeks later...

do you have parking sensors fitted as they can beep when they are activated its to let you know they are on ,if you dont hear the beep then becareful as they may not be working

• 5 years later...

Hi! That's the only topic I found related to my problem. 

My car (Aygo 2018 auto) does that sometimes as well. Im gonna call dealer tommorow. Not sure but it might be something wrong with clutch (overheating). MMT requires a Little bit  different driving technique. 

Ive had two MMTs and they both did that randomly. My current 2017 aygo did it a lot when I first got her.

On 9/29/2019 at 6:25 PM, Pr0lame said:

Hi! That's the only topic I found related to my problem. 

My car (Aygo 2018 auto) does that sometimes as well. Im gonna call dealer tommorow. Not sure but it might be something wrong with clutch (overheating). MMT requires a Little bit  different driving technique. 

I don't think its the clutch overheating as in between times, they drive absolutely fine.

As far as I understand, this happens a lot to many models with MMT for unknown reasons? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links