Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T180 Rear Door Arch Trim

Gods_gift

Does anyone know how the T180 rear door arch trim is attached? Is it glued? Can it be removed without leaving a mark?

I need a new rear passenger door after it was modified by a fence post. I found a T180 door in the right colour but it has the plastic arch trim. Before I buy it I need to know how the arch trim is attached and when removed does it leave a mark or holes?

The trim picture looks like the doors will have holes in to accommodate the push in clips of the moulding

They are good mud catchers too.

......for which thank goodness they are plastic and cannae rust. They hold more grit than Rooster Cockburn.....

True - grit it is. In fact, more like the sands of iwo jima on mine. I'd pay a rio grande to have them removed, never mind fit some. I've thought about getting a hammer and cold chisum to them many a time.

I might even be pleased if the sons of katy elder came round and nicked the flippin things.

Sorry, Ive had the longest day.

Whoever can get the most contrived link to "rooster cogburn" can wear 5 stars on their profile for a week then keep an extra star over what they have for good. It needs to be good and it needs to refer to a T180 door arch trim though!

GG, this is for you!

Fenders T-SR.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jc5FFzTJ1I

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooster_Cogburn_(film)

I reckon if Big Kev were a cowboy he would be ole Rooster

images_zpsea021e64.jpg

One of He and the Granite driver....................

download_zps9fd7f6cb.jpg

Always wanted to be a five star general...........................

His name was spelt "Cockburn" actually......his da was Willie, but he preferred to be called Dick. Wore a patch coz he only had one eye.....lost it removing the wheel arch trim from a '180 (Zat qualify....?)

Surname derived from the latin for Nylonus Knickeribus.........Cockburn was inevitible.

Auto sensor does not allow the short name for Richard, so hope no Richards out there buying Toyotas ffs......

You cannot say D1ck but Cockburn is fine WTF??? :D: :D: :D:

I see what you did there Kev...Nylonus Cockburn......... :naughty:

Come on you lot. You have to drop rooster cogburn into the post like this;

The americans call those door trims roosters because they fatten the wings like the legs on a rooster. They are fastened with little cogs that fit behind the door trim. I was going to suggest to Gods Gift that he use oxy acetaline to burn off the head of the cog fastener but then thinking about the fire risk I would want to know, does a rooster cog burn?

So far Charlie has put some effort in and the entry from Stepps is appalling so I'll leave it until tomorrow night to see if you can come up with anything!

I have suddenly found this thread to be, in the main, non Rav specific, and respectfully suggest it be moved to another section.

So who won ? Do we at least get a prize for our feeble efforts ?

Aye Charlie.......somebody ELSE fits your new stereo, and you leave with the same amount of bits as you arrived with......

I've popped a couple of stars each for at least entering but they will drop off with the leaves before the end of the month!!!

Aw man min......I am totally overcome with emulsion........never had that many badges when ah was in the Scouts....!

Aw man min......I am totally overcome with emulsion........never had that many badges when ah was in the Scouts....!

Wis you the man whit pit his haun oan ma knee when ah wis in the cubs? Mind ye, he never had a RAV4 but that wis way afore the RAV wis made. Ahm no trying tae be affensive - rather affectshus cos no waans ever pit a hand oan ma knee since.

Oan the subject o wheel arch trims, ma nummer wan had them fitted when the car wis boucht new. It still has the trims cos as BK says they don't rust. Ma garage says I need to keep them as they are holding the wheel arch thegether the noo. They must be well attached cos they never fall aff when landing.

Cockburn wis the chemist roon the corner frae me. Never mind em having wan eye richt enuf. The place is noo Lloyds but shut for refurbsing til 4 November. Ol wan eye wid never hae pit up wi that! Aside o that, an gettingma nummer wan RAV back, ah missed Big Vern an the Shootahs last weekend cos ah wis upset wi ma big bruvver dying in Paris frae cancer. He wis in Paris, cos that wis wear he lived fur the past 30 years. Until 23 Sep that is.

Seems ah need tae tak his ashes tae Murrayfield an scatter oan top o t English when theyre up next time getting cuffed frae the Scots:lol:

He'll be ceremoniously driven tae there by nummer wan RAV4, wi its wheel arch trims polished by sum guy cawd Billy Cockburn (an ex T180 owner).

No tolerance o posts menshunin "ye'll be waitin a lang time then" .... ah'll pit the fear o hinge disease intae yer RAV.