Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Done About 5K Since New Engine Oil Light Flashes On

cooper12000

hi all as the title says i have done around 5k after haveing the engine done on warrenty due to hgf. when i checked the oil the oil is down to the bottom mark but very watery and blacker than the ace of spades. when they do a rebuild on the engine do they use a special running in oil that should be changed more frequently? Im sure the dealership that did the work said itwouldnt need changing for the usual 10k.

thanks for any advice

coop

A new engine will consume more oil - my replacement engine has needed a small top up in 2,000 miles - it should settle down after 10,000 miles or so. Black oil is also completely normal for a diesel, just top it up with with some C2 0w30/5w30 and worry not, just keep an eye on it

ok ty for the quick responce.... i shall top it up and keep an eye till its time for service then.

Oil will go black almost the moment you start the engine. I would just keep an eye on the levels, some use more than others but as long as it not under a litre per 1000m you should be fine

Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links