Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius Performance On Hills?

Surv1v0r

I haver never had any problem with four Prius cars I have owned climbing steep hills. eg: Sutton Bank in Yorkshire.

Our son has a Gen 3 Prius and uses it regularly in the French Alps with no problems.

Toyota hybrids can climb any hills that other cars would do, not a problem, the only thing is that they don’t like it where a standard cars don’t mind it, it’s all about the drive trains and how power is delivered to the driving wheels. I don’t mind, even I like the ecvt and don’t want to here about another transmission till I get a full ev if anytime soon. If my auris dies will get another Toyota hybrid, likely. Corolla are great cars. 
Good luck 

If you look on YouTube for Weber Auto videos the prof there explains HSD in greatest detail and demonstrates with cut away transmissions. The engine spins continuously over a certain road speed to do prevent over revving mg1. It may or may not be providing power, that's decided by the computer 

The Gen 3 Prius tends to make more revs (like a slipping clutch) but does its job. Gen 4 is much quieter, not a revvy. I have had both.