Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T27 Avensis Steering Rack / Inner Tie Rods

jonnyf

hey guys just after joining as i said in my newbie post im a independent dealer in ireland and have being selling a lot of toyotas for the past few years im noticing a few teething problems with the t27 the latest one is 09/10 avensis d4d with inner tie rods gone and toyota and any of the my parts suppilers are not offering replacement inner tie rods just a full steering rack. i find this crazy as the rods are just normal rods not formed or made in any way different to any other has anyone else got this problem as i have a early 2010 t4 tourer and toyota are not offering any help towards warranty and i know my local dealer has fitted approx 30 steering rack so they are aware this is a problem cheers jonny. :thumbsup:

Hi how does the problem manifest itself? Rattling through the steering over bumpy roads? Is it temperature dependant?

Thought I was buying a quality product, quality has long gone.

hi valvematic it doesnt seem to be related to bumpy roads or temperature dependant as all of our cars are ex fleet uk cars with mainly motorway driving and full dealer history generally tie rods inner or outer are wear and tear items but my issue is that toyota does not supply them or no spurious parts manufacturers in my knowledge are making them , the difference is a 20 euro tie rod to a 900 euro steering rack , i have 12 T27 avensis in stock at the moment and 3 require these parts and toyota dont seem to want to help out after the standard 3yrs / 60,000 miles.

Would a knock/clunk be a sign when reversing off a driveway?

hi valvematic it could be tie rods or a droplink or antiroll bar bushings just if you could get your mechanic to check it out for you. the noise we are getting when the tie rods are gone does sound like it is suspension related.

Thanks for the reply. Toyota have checked everything and found no play at all in the tie rods. Take it yours have some?

update toyota dont want to know about it they will offer extended warranty on headgaskets and electronic handbrake controls but when it comes to steering nope they dont want to know and they very well know this is a issue as any dealer i have talked to they have fitted lots. so anyone that has a rattle or knock on their T27 get it checked out before you get out of warranty or you will face a bill of upwards of 1,000 pounds

• 5 years later...
On 9/24/2013 at 2:25 PM, jonnyf said:

update toyota dont want to know about it they will offer extended warranty on headgaskets and electronic handbrake controls but when it comes to steering nope they dont want to know and they very well know this is a issue as any dealer i have talked to they have fitted lots. so anyone that has a rattle or knock on their T27 get it checked out before you get out of warranty or you will face a bill of upwards of 1,000 pounds

Johnny,

Did you ever get this issue fixed on your avensis? I have same issue with my 2011 avensis. Knocking in steering over uneven surfaces ans at low speeds, Extremely frustrating ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links