Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Excel - Intelligent Park Assist

Chris Fisher

Hi,

As per my previous post I've ordered a Auris Excel and I have a couple of questions. I know this comes with the intelligent park assist and have watched the parallel parking videos on youtube but they are not very descriptive. As well as parallel parking does it also reverse park? I presume that any application of the foot brake and changing of gears is done by the driver? So if left to its own devices would it reverse into an object / other car?

None of this changes my decision to buy the car, I can park! Just wondering.

I'd really like to read the owners manual over the next couple of weeks while waiting for my new toy, but I'm unable to find it anywhere on line.

Owners manuals for European Toyota models aren't generally available online. Sometimes one can come across the Brief Guides, which provide an introduction to a specific model, but the only one on-line for the Auris Hybrid is for the first generation.

The IPA on the Auris can only assist with parallel parking, I think it is only the Prius that can do reverse parking.

The Auris is dead simple to reverse park though due to the camera and guidelines on the touchscreen.

I have never used the IPA on mine, but I believe it only sorts out the steering wheel for you and tells you when to select drive and reverse. The parking sensors would beep at you when nearing parked cars front and back, but if you didn't brake then the car would just keep on going.

The car doesn't park itself, it can only assist you as the driver and you must be in control at all times. Some people on here who have used it say it is a slow process and you can do the manoeuvre yourself quicker.

• Like 1

Congratulations on the purchase by the way, what colour did you go for? Mine's the black, God awful to keep clean and scratch free, but she looks stunning when in the sun.

Great, thanks for your help. I rarely parallel park, so not a function I'm likely to use, and I reverse park nearly all the time so well practised at that and the camera will help. Just wondered what else it could do.

We have gone for Island Blue, Think I've got a few weeks to wait to get it.