Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dpf Egr Dilemma, Please Help

steve208

Hi all, I have a 2006 D-4D T180 Avensis and would like some advice. I have the eml/vsc/trclights on.I have cleaned the egr valve and had the dpf cleaned and the fault cleared and i thought problem solved. Then last week the lights came back on. My dilemma is 1.buy a new dpf from Mr T for nearly £2000. 2.buy a pattern dpf for around £400 but not sure it will last or work properly. 3.have the dpf removed altogether but run the risk of it failing m.o.t. emissons now or in the future.the diagnostics all point to the dpf but could it also be the egr valve sticking? i have cleaned it twice but not sure where to go now.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

steve 208

Personally I would consider removing it altogether. Diesel cars aren't subjected to an emissions test. I am looking into getting mine removed however I cant find a price which is low enough for me yet. lol. It could be possible that your egr valve is faulty however I wouldn't go buying another one for the sake of it. when removed and you hold it up to the light, can you see light pass through anywhere??

Regards Phil

I've had similar issues with my 2006 T180 in the past but it all turned out to be the EGR valve and intake assembly. Stupid question but did you disconnect the Battery etc to reset the ecu when you cleaned the EGR ? I believe the carr then goes through the learning process again - worked on my car and never had an issue since

thanks guys, have checked egr valve and no light is passing through so i guess its sealed ok. will disconnect Battery tomorrow and see how it goes.

Take a look at the power enhancer web site 1st! Worth running a product through the system as it might just do the trick and save you a fortune! 🚘

• Like 1

are there any pressure pipes that come off the DPF which become blocked over time?

Option 3 is a no go in terms of removing the DPF as you cant map it out on the denso ECU

Alex

I'm afraid you are wrong Alex, dpf removal is possible on the 2.2 D4D 180PS - you are partially correct in that the Denso ECU cannot be cracked, but tuners get round this by fitting a D-CAT emulator, which is a box that connects to sensors and emulates a healthy working D-CAT system.

I'm afraid you are wrong Alex, dpf removal is possible on the 2.2 D4D 180PS - you are partially correct in that the Denso ECU cannot be cracked, but tuners get round this by fitting a D-CAT emulator, which is a box that connects to sensors and emulates a healthy working D-CAT system.

Who has done one of those as thats one of the main reasons i got rid of my auris180

Alex

There are a few people that have got it done on the lexus forums (same 2.2 D-CAT engine)

eBay.com/viewitem?itemId=170928276161

That's similar to a device used, then they just gut out the dpf - problem solved!

• Like 1

Just found a few sites which could be useful for future, thank you for the links

Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links