Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying Secondhand Avensis

Gary Ball

Hi all

I,m looking to buy a second hand Avensis 60 plate or later from a main dealer. I am waiting until end of month. with an asking price of about £11,000 how much realistically do you think I should offer.

Thanks Gary

Saloon or tourer?

what engine/trim/mileage?

Main dealers are unlikely to move much on screen price if you are looking to part exchange. If you are a cash buyer or financing through them then they are more likely to haggle a bit. Without providing the details of the actual vehicle it would is not possible to give an idea of what the price will be.

That will be the pre facelift? I bought an 09 tourer 1.8 tr from a dealer in jan this year with 20k on the clock and full toyota history for a little over 8ķ.

my partner brought a 10 plate 1.8 petrol tourer with 22000 on clock from westlands toyota bromsgrove for about £11000.had to wait a while for it as they brought it to order.

"They depreciate like crazy these toyotas."

less than Fords, Vauxhalls etc.

Audi, BMWs etc. may depreciate less by % but they cost you much more to start with so you lose at least as much in pure cash terms.

Silly money that for a 60 plate tbh. They depreciate like crazy these toyotas.

If that is the case then they will be even better value for money.

• Like 1

11ķ for a 60 plate is alot. Well seems it to me as I am from Yorkshire lol.

It is to me also. End of the month is also end of the quarter and with the new plates coming out some dealerships make really need to shift some cars, think I will offer £9,000 on Saturday. Thiers 2 to 3 cars in looking at so I will bid on them.

Gary

Top book is just over 10K, let them know you are looking around and will pay the right money for the right car, not a 1K premium.

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thiers an 11 plate 1.8 tr saloon 43,815 miles complete with a tow bar, should I be worried regarding tow bar and mileage.

Thanks Gary

1 in Wakefield for just under 9K http://usedcars.toyota.co.uk/used/Avensis/1.8-V-matic-TR/Benfield-Toyota-Wakefield/Wakefield/2256795-604033377-1323987.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

1 in Mansfield for £9650.

From about £9750 you start to see 11 plates appearing & as a cash buyer I would be haggling with any of them.

1 in Wakefield for just under 9K http://usedcars.toyota.co.uk/used/Avensis/1.8-V-matic-TR/Benfield-Toyota-Wakefield/Wakefield/2256795-604033377-1323987.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

1 in Mansfield for £9650.

From about £9750 you start to see 11 plates appearing & as a cash buyer I would be haggling with any of them.

Went and had a look at the one in wakefield , their was damage to door, dent and two big rest spots.

Thanks Gary

Thiers an 11 plate 1.8 tr saloon 43,815 miles complete with a tow bar, should I be worried regarding tow bar and mileage.

Thanks Gary

What kind of money is that up for? It's done plenty of miles for the age. Towing increases wear and tear on things such as the clutch, suspension.

Yes Remainder of warranty, regarding tow bar and mileage would that worry you?