Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winter Wheel Size Selection Fail

Aceshigh84

On the off chance it helps somebody else in the future, the Auris Excel will not take 15" wheels. The rim will foul the brake calliper and not sit flush on the wheel hub.

Mr T must use different size discs on the Excel model considering all the other trims come with 15" wheels.

I thought I was on to a winner with the smaller wheels, larger profile tyres to keep the circumference the same as stock, but with the benefit of thinner width for when the weather is bad.

Now I have 4 alloys and tyres to return :-(

• 1 month later...

We went for an Auris HSD T4 because the 15" wheels with 'normal' profile tyres gave us the combination of ride quality & seating position that we were looking for: we the rejected the T Spirit option precisely because it only came with the larger wheels & low profile tyres and the ride quality was noticeably poorer (actually unacceptable in our view). It's annoying that wheel/tyre choices are so limited but I guess it saves Toyota money in limiting the number of type approvals it needs to go through.

According to Toyota.blog the 2013 Auris retains the Whole Vehicle Type Approval of the first generation Auris (2007 to 2012) - hence the 2013 Auris not needing to have things like tyre pressure monitoring systems fitted from launch. This will change from 1st November 2014 though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links