Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mine Has Passed Mot Again , But,

HowardL

with advisory note,

'anti roll bar bushes perished,

Now, I've had my Yaris second hand since 2006 on 30,000 and now has done 65,000 and had an advisory note 3 or 4 times about the arb bushes,

Just saying if yours has this notice it doesn't mean they're shot, the outer rubber may be perished but the inside may well be ok

I'm waiting untill I hear knocking

If you change them now, you will note a significant improvement in cornering.

Edit: well I did..

with advisory note,

Just saying if yours has this notice it doesn't mean they're shot, the outer rubber may be perished but the inside may well be ok

It did not say they were shot, it was an advisory. Motorists often take no notice of advisories and moan when something fails

They should be replaced as they will become noisy and knock over rough ground, you will then have to replace the bolts and washers as they will then be furkled with the bolt often snapping in use, if that happens everything drops out and you will need to change the lot

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I had that advisory every single year with both of my Yarisusseses :lol:

They did look pretty bad and were quite squashed. The outer edges were badly cracked and flaking off, but when I took them off (Oh my god those bolts were rusty!) the innards of the rubber bushings were still more or less okay.

After a few years of this I bought those poly-bushes someone posted a while back and put them on a while back and not thought about it since :)

(They were listed for a Scion xD IIRC but fit just fine on a Yaris Mk1, just the bolts are too long so you either have to saw off a cm and a bit or drop them in from the top so the drive axel doesn't hit it.)

Was expecting a noticeable difference in handling feel but didn't really notice anything...!

with advisory note,

It did not say they were shot, it was an advisory. Motorists often take no notice of advisories and moan when something fails

They should be replaced as they will become noisy and knock over rough ground, you will then have to replace the bolts and washers as they will then be furkled with the bolt often snapping in use, if that happens everything drops out and you will need to change the lot

Kingo :thumbsup:\

The first advisory was 6 yrs ago,

As soon as i hear the faintest of knocking I will renew them , that's for sure.

I've had mine for a similar period to Howard, I needed had the new anti roll bar bushes replaced last year, the garage did them as part of a service done in the same visit.