Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tempted To Sell My Yaris

HowardL

But it's been so good over the 7 yrs I've had it,

I feel guilty just thinking about it,

It's the most reliable car I have owned (tempting fate)

Just passed another MOT

I quite like the latest Suzuki Swift though,

Traitorrrr! (j/k :P)

I must admit the Swift is not a bad alternative to the Yaris 'tho.

You considered one of the newer Yarisussususes? (They are a bit too big for my usage, but do have nicer interiors than the Mk1! I will say the windscreen in the Mk3 feels *really* far away compared to the Mk1 and 2 'tho :lol:)

I don't think I'll be changing my super ossom Yaris D4D (WITH 5 DOORS!) :wub: anytime soon, although if the Aygo Mk2 shows the same bloat as the Yaris has over the years it'll be about the right size for my needs! :D Only downside is the diesel will be a BMW jobbie and not a D4D :unsure:

Ignoring the reputation for BMW turbo failure, I hope Toyota tweaks them as I find german diesel engines tend to have a lower rev ceiling and be a lot more peaky vs the nice flat torque delivery of the D4Ds.

Mmm, that said, Kingo did hint they might bring out a HSD Aygo one day... :naughty:

I drive a MK1 Yaris D4D (2005 ) my son has a Swift diesel (2012) which he had new. To be honest the swift lacks the torque of the yaris and build quailty is only ok . My wife drives a 1.4 D4D Auris which is better on fuel then the Swift

I think the engine power is comparable to the Yaris but the Swift is a chunk heavier (Even the diesel Yaris Mk1 weighs less than a ton but IIRC the Swift is about 100kg over?)

'tis a hard car to beat tho'!

I was eyeing up alternatives including the Mazda 2 and Swift when my brother passed his test but ended up buying another Mk1 Yaris D4D (WITH 5 DOORS! :yahoo:) and selling my old 3-door one to him :lol:

The diesel one in particular rocks. It was built right before all the diesel-hating euro emissions regs kicked in so it has less of the reliability-killing addons that more modern diesels have, but was already very advanced for its time (Variable geometry turbo, common rail injection, lower compression ratio to reduce component stress and allowing lightweight alloy engine block and higher revs) and still fares well even against newer diesel engines!

And the Yaris chassis itself has proven to be pretty bullet proof; No major rust or common structural issues, surprisingly strong despite feeling so flimsy (The rear doors on the 5-door really have no weight to them at all! :lol:).

Suspension lends itself to more understeer and body roll than I'd like, but having tried the Mk3 I prefer the softer ride (The Mk3 feels a lot more sure-footed in corners but absorbs bumps and speedhumps like the Aygo (i.e. it doesn't :P :lol:).

Mmm, that said, Kingo did hint they might bring out a HSD Aygo one day... :naughty:

I still stick to the point they will have a Hybrid in every model by 2020 (predicted in 2008 I hasten to add :lol: )

BUT Who is to say the Aygo will be around then? It might have morphed into the Aybrid :D:

***Note to oneself...........go and register that name for myself before some other smart rrr's does. AYBRID***

Kingo :thumbsup:

But it's been so good over the 7 yrs I've had it,

I feel guilty just thinking about it,

It's the most reliable car I have owned (tempting fate)

Just passed another MOT

I quite like the latest Suzuki Swift though,

hello sir,

please let me know if you will sell your yaris, i might be able to afford it.

thanks