Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Sell 2 Ravs, Auto Vx - Nov 2002

arorat

Another question today. Our Rav is Nov 2002, Auto VX my brother also bought the same for his Mrs, one has done 75k and has had ECU fixed for 2nd to 3rd issues and the other Rav identical with 54k on the clock is going for an ECU fix too for same problem. Both have 12 months MOT and look good.

If i wanted to get rid of both (with 2nd to 3rd glitches) what would be the best way ? Advertise in Autotrader or has anyone used 2 cars as part-ex for new car ?

thanks again

a colleague has recently had some success with selling a couple of "older" cars on eBay

• Like 1

a colleague has recently had some success with selling a couple of "older" cars on eBay

......agreed, but do not try to sell with faulty auto boxes, coz they won't sell, unless to someone in the know about the ECU fix, and even at that he will screw price down well below price to fix......that be the London way......

• Like 1

merseyshark, thanks for the heads up, our rav has had two fixes to the ECU via BBA but still the same which leads me to solenoid issues and could get expensive, but not with someone who does this day in day out. I will get the other ECU fixed and see if that one is usable and sell the one with 75k somehow, love a new crossover but don't want to fork out £15k plus.

I traded our two 4.2 auto's (02-reg 5-dr with 80K miles & ECU fix done and 54-reg 3-dr with 60K miles) in to Mr.T against a 12-reg XTR and got a deal that I was happy with. My concern was to find a dealer who would take two for one but it worked out OK.

I traded our two 4.2 auto's (02-reg 5-dr with 80K miles & ECU fix done and 54-reg 3-dr with 60K miles) in to Mr.T against a 12-reg XTR and got a deal that I was happy with. My concern was to find a dealer who would take two for one but it worked out OK.

thats a great idea firemac, i will look up used stock locally to get an indication. Here is something but prob nothing new to this forum, had MOT done one one car couple of days ago and I asked the chap what cars he would recommend, lexus and Toyotas he said, he went on to say it was unfortunate with the gearbox issues on our cars but reliable overall, which is true.

I wanted a change from Toyota and I do like the new 2008 Pug Allure 1.6d auto, but feel the peugeot will have its own issues in the future. Guys don't beat for saying Peugeot on this forum.

What car wont have issues ? But a Pug ..............Words fail me...

Really what is so bad with a 2008 Pug ? I am open to suggestions. Here is my criteria if you can help !! we do low (local) millage for our business need a rav crossover type, auto gearbox, new would be nice, use the other car for longer journeys, don't want to spend over £15 inc part-ex. I like the 205 GTI days, yes i know 2008 will not give that raw performance, but I have a honda blackbird for those thrills.

Looking at your criteria I would stick with Toyota and be prepared to own something slightly older. Buying anything French is likely to cost you in the long run, Nissan Qashqais can suffer with various regular faults due to the French influence, for all they're affordable IMHO they're best avoided out of warranty.

14 to 15 'K' will buy a nice low mileage Rav petrol auto around three years old, if you're not doing big mileage and driving around London it would make sense to me, there are a few in the Toyota dealer network at these prices with Toyota warranty for peace of mind . Furthermore the depreciation will be reasonable.

thats a great idea firemac, i will look up used stock locally to get an indication. Here is something but prob nothing new to this forum, had MOT done one one car couple of days ago and I asked the chap what cars he would recommend, lexus and Toyotas he said, he went on to say it was unfortunate with the gearbox issues on our cars but reliable overall, which is true.

I wanted a change from Toyota and I do like the new 2008 Pug Allure 1.6d auto, but feel the peugeot will have its own issues in the future. Guys don't beat for saying Peugeot on this forum.

Our 4.2 02-reg went for 11 years & 80K miles before the autobox ECU issue reared its ugly head; I reckon most people would have traded it on (several times, no doubt) by then and the problem then would've seemed to be "fair 'nuf" - if you see what I mean. As Charlie says, all marques have their issues; in fairness, Toyota's are probably less serious than many but their customer service when something does go wrong is pretty impressive.

Re Pugs, I have to say that I ran a 406 estate for over 2 years when we lived in Paris and it never put a foot (or a wheel) wrong. The dealers, on the other hand, were utter cr4p - I learned most of my French obscenities thanks to them! It was one of the nicest cars that I've driven, second only to a Saab 9.5 for sheer driver comfort.

Having said that, we've since had nothing but Toyotas (13 years now) - Yaris, LC4, numerous RAV's - and frankly have no reason to change to anyone else.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links