Do Not Sell My Personal Information

120'000 Mile Service

rambler

Should timing belt be included and done on this service on my vehicle.

It shows it on the sheet as part of the full service.

Begs the question, Seamus......when was it last doned......?

was last changed at 60'000 kev

so I assume my 120'000 done back in may time should have included a replacement one. All part & parcel of the service.

it is recommended every 60k/6years but not included in the price of the full+ service. Its an optional extra as per fixed price guidelines

Alex

it is recommended every 60k/6years but not included in the price of the full+ service. Its an optional extra as per fixed price guidelines

Alex

was last changed at 60'000 kev

so I assume my 120'000 done back in may time should have included a replacement one. All part & parcel of the service.

Assume thee nuffink, Jamie......check specifically.....was it changed or not.....? Too important to play with.......

Recommended to be changed but NOT part of the service schedule, best check to see if it has been done as our Glesga feind says ;)

I am just impressed with the 120000 miles :thumbsup:

At 30000 I guess mine is just run in!

David

I am just impressed with the 120000 miles :thumbsup:

At 30000 I guess mine is just run in!

David

Just trying to book it in to be done.

Cheer's Dwilson :thumbsup: You've got years left in your Rav as yet.

To be honest,it is the best vehicle i've ever had,its why i've kept it for 9 years so far.And i do look after it.( Despite gently off roading it ocasionally).

Just to add on the 1CD 2.0 D4d the vacuum pump blades are also due replacement along with the cambelt, again these are recommended repairs not included in the basic service price

Just to add on the 1CD 2.0 D4d the vacuum pump blades are also due replacement along with the cambelt, again these are recommended repairs not included in the basic service price

Er,i'm not the best with car parts......what are Vacumn pump blades please ?

The vacuum pump creates vacuum for the servo assistance in your brakes, the pump is serviceable and contains 5 rotating rubberised blades that spin inside the pump creating vacuum Toyota say they should be replaced every 120000 miles. Failure to do so will result in a gradual loss of vacuum especially at low engine speeds, requiring greater pedal pressure to slow the car down.

• Like 2

The vacuum pump creates vacuum for the servo assistance in your brakes, the pump is serviceable and contains 5 rotating rubberised blades that spin inside the pump creating vacuum Toyota say they should be replaced every 120000 miles. Failure to do so will result in a gradual loss of vacuum especially at low engine speeds, requiring greater pedal pressure to slow the car down.

Thank you Lee. :thumbsup:

I can understand these optional extras not being part of the service, so they can maintain a constant price for the majority.

BUT when something is due to be changed at a certain mileage it must be the garage's duty to make sure we are aware surely?!

Dave

• Like 1

...and on that note....

this will strike some as a bit thick but here goes (I know nowt about cars, mechanicals, etc.)

my RAV is approaching 60K (it had a very, very sheltered life before it came to me), is there a way of telling if the timing belt needs doing or is is a case of taking it all apart and doing the jobs "just in case". Also, as mine will be done at a trusted and valued independent, are there other recommended jobs to get done while the car is in bits ??

...and on that note....

this will strike some as a bit thick but here goes (I know nowt about cars, mechanicals, etc.)

my RAV is approaching 60K (it had a very, very sheltered life before it came to me), is there a way of telling if the timing belt needs doing or is is a case of taking it all apart and doing the jobs "just in case". Also, as mine will be done at a trusted and valued independent, are there other recommended jobs to get done while the car is in bits ??

Due to the megamerde that can occur if the belt goes, I would not hesitate in changing a belt which is 8 years old, mate. Depending on flush or not, how much is a water pump......? Important wee beastie that pump......is it weeping or leaking......?

car barely uses/loses a drop or two of water

thanks for the advice