Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is It Just Me...

ALake

I've had my 2.0 VVti for a little while now and put about 3000 miles on it. So far so good - getting 30-34mpg which I'm pretty happy with!

The only thing that bugs me is the clutch pedal - its seems to be quite 'springy' and seems to throw your foot off a bit more than other cars I've had. Its not slipping or anything like that but it makes slow traffic driving a bit unpleasant sometimes - and can make your leg ache a bit!

its not a major issue but I'm wondering if thats just the way they are, rather than a potential fault. I had an x-type diesel and that had an awful, heavy clutch pedal action!

I've had my 2.0 VVti for a little while now and put about 3000 miles on it. So far so good - getting 30-34mpg which I'm pretty happy with!

The only thing that bugs me is the clutch pedal - its seems to be quite 'springy' and seems to throw your foot off a bit more than other cars I've had. Its not slipping or anything like that but it makes slow traffic driving a bit unpleasant sometimes - and can make your leg ache a bit!

its not a major issue but I'm wondering if thats just the way they are, rather than a potential fault. I had an x-type diesel and that had an awful, heavy clutch pedal action!

My wife's RAV, which I drive a fair bit, is the same. I hope to replace with an automatic version one day but as it has only done 30000 miles from new and is in excellent shape I will just have to wait!

It is not the heaviest clutch but does have a powerful spring like action.

David

Ahh fair enough - I can live with it if I know its normal! Its heavy, just like you say the spring seems overly powerful!

I'll have to wear heavier boots!

• Like 1

The targeted application of some motion lotion may help a bit.....................

• Like 1

Ahh fair enough - I can live with it if I know its normal! Its heavy, just like you say the spring seems overly powerful!

I'll have to wear heavier boots!

I don't know about the practicality of doing it on the RAV, but I fitted a servo to a Land Rover clutch a few years ago so that the OH could drive it. It made a major difference without affecting the feel of the clutch.

I still have shivvers thinking about changing LR clutches, seemed to spend days drilling out the floor bolts when I were a lad! We had a contract to service Cheshire County Council LR's which were used to help with gritting duties in the winter, I hated working on the ruddy things, everything would seize up and weighed a ton weight!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Sounds like the clutch in my brother's 2.0D4D Corolla; First time I drove it I thought maybe the previous owner had put in a racing clutch or something :lol:

On enquiring here tho' it turns out that is normal!

It's funny as most of the rental vans I've ever driven had lighter clutches! :lol:

I keep joking my brother will walk in a natural circle after owning it for a few years because one leg will be bigger than the other :lol:

Yeah I'd always associated Japanese cars with light clutches and revvy engines! The last car I drove that was like that was a 1.2 VW Polo which was slow but easy in the traffic.

Yeah :lol:

I don't know about the 2.0 VVTi (Biggest petrol Toyota engine I've played with was a 1.8VVTi Corolla), but in the case of the 2.0 D4D they could justify the heavy clutch as that thing can seriously haul! :D

Curiously, the newer 2.0 D4D as seen in the Auris has a much lighter clutch! I do wonder if the clutch for that would work okay in the 'Rolla... :naughty:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links